Postachio Blog Service for Evernote : Current Users? Active service? Photo Publishing

I am curious if there are any current users of Postachio in this forum. I was hoping you would not mind sharing your experience.

Also, I submitted a support request on a Sunday and have yet to receive a response. It does give me pause as to if the service is still being updated. I noticed their last blog post was January 2019.

Lastly, for those who have used the service for web publishing of photos, I am curious if you have had photo orientation issues.

• Level 5*

Hi. If you main interest is publishing photos,  I'd suggest you look elsewhere.  While Postachio offers different styles and it's possible to do some layouts using tables, the results will be... variable,  depending on the size of the screen being used to view the notes,  and the number and size of images being shown.  Postachio would be fine for single images with notes or captions,  but anything more complicated really needs a dedicated photography style.  -There are plenty around.

@gazumped - One feature I need is the ability to link to a zip file in my blog post. I would also say I need to post, roughly on average, three photos per blog post. Could you recommend a service that might accommodate this need?

On a related note, I submitted a support question over 24h ago. I have yet to hear back from Postachio support.

I used (and paid for) Postachio for about a year. It worked fine. But as you may be experiencing with the support response time, I felt like it was just being minimally maintained by someone with a day job.

It was supposed to have a feature where it would show different authors for posts, depending on which Evernote account created the note in a shared notebook. After some troubleshooting with support, I was told a fix would be on the way. Months later my inquiries about the progress were ignored. It never did work for me.

What I really liked was knowing my posts were always safe in Evernote, and that I could write/format them as I wanted in Evernote, and just have my blog post look like that. Ultimately though, $5 /month combined with the irritation that their support window shows my messages were being read, but just not replied to, lead me to greener pastures.

We moved to GitHub Pages. Unless you're already technically inclined, I wouldn't recommend it. It's 100% different than blogging with Evernote, but I was surprised how quickly my wife picked it up. It's free, hugely customizable, and searching for "github pages blogging" shows there's lots of help to be had. To keep the formatted posts in Evernote I just use the Web clipper on the rendered pages. No editing in Evernote.

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, kurtwerstein said:

@gazumped - One feature I need is the ability to link to a zip file in my blog post. I would also say I need to post, roughly on average, three photos per blog post. Could you recommend a service that might accommodate this need?

On a related note, I submitted a support question over 24h ago. I have yet to hear back from Postachio support.

Hmmn.  Postachio basically copies your note content into a slightly different format and publishes that online; so if your note has the attached ZIP file,  readers of the blog would be able to see the link and download the file if required.  Statistics are few and far between though.  You won't (AFAIK) have any idea how popular that page or that download might be.  That's not something I've looked into on the platform though,  so there might be features I haven't seen.

Despite my dire warnings above,  up to 3 images doesn't sound so bad - a two or three column table would allow you to mix text and images.  You might have to experiment with the table width to ensure it didn't get truncated by the blog page layout.

You'd be reasonably well served (I would have thought) by any of the popular blog sites - the benefit of Evernote being a one-stop shop for drafts, published notes and subsequent editing of either.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, kurtwerstein said:

For those considering Postach.io, I *just* received a response to my support inquiry. Exactly one week to get a support response. That is poor.

That's about the same reaction time as Evernote - actually not bad for this current socially distant environment...