Siri Shortcut Help - Appending Saved Article URL

Hi, I have a Siri Shortcut that does a great job of saving an article to Evernote with the share sheet, but I have two needs I have been unable to program correctly. I want to append the URL of the article I’m saving at the top of the note as a link. And I’d love to save the URL to that URL field of the note. Nothing I’ve tried has been able to solve this. Would anyone have a recommendation on what I can set in my action list to accomplish this?

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, Nick Lane said:

Unfortunately not. I’m trying to create a custom shortcut. I’m struggling with using the variables and custom actions.

Best I got, sorry;  maybe someone else can help...

• Level 5*

Maybe I'm missing it, but the source url is saved in the url field of the note when using the share sheet (assuming this is the box with the up arrow in it).  You access it via the info icon.  What this page looks like after using the share sheet on an iPhone.  That and pressing the info icon on the note which was created.

08E44C30-A6E2-4687-9CD6-D1733F36A69F.thumb.jpg.6c8c716895be6c609a9fddde7d477c97.jpg

What you’re describing is the official Evernote share sheet option. Sadly, that feature doesn’t work for the articles I try to save in most instances, and the formatting it saves the page in is not very desirable.

I’m using a custom iOS Shortcut that does a fantastic job of simplifying things by only saving the body of the article. This saves the content, and any images, in an easy to read format within Evernote. It’s very accurate and always works without issue.

However, my shortcut doesn’t save the URL properly into the info icon area that you show above. And I also want to place a copy of the URL at the top of the article.

I hope that explains my situation more clearly.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, Nick Lane said:

What you’re describing is the official Evernote share sheet option. Sadly, that feature doesn’t work for the articles I try to save in most instances, and the formatting it saves the page in is not very desirable.

I’m using a custom iOS Shortcut that does a fantastic job of simplifying things by only saving the body of the article. This saves the content, and any images, in an easy to read format within Evernote. It’s very accurate and always works without issue.

However, my shortcut doesn’t save the URL properly into the info icon area that you show above. And I also want to place a copy of the URL at the top of the article.

I hope that explains my situation more clearly.

Thanks for the detail.  Sounds like a very nice shortcut you have built.

• 4 weeks later...