Sort By Chronological Order & Auto-Set Reminders

Astraea

Idea

Hi Evernote Team!

First I wanted to say, THANK YOU so much for all the new features you've been implementing on your preview/Beta platforms, it's SUPER EXCITING!!

So here is an idea for a feature I would love to have on the next version!

Ability to Sort a List by Chronological Order - I organize my schedule of To Do lists by dates and times; would be nice if you could click a "chronological sort" button and it will reorganize that list from earliest to latest time. It will also recognize times in multiple (4:30pm, 430pm, 430PM, etc) formats and will allow you to easily set alarms and reminders based on this schedule without having to manually enter a new alarm.

Thank you for reading!
Astraea

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Astraea said:
Hi Evernote Team!

First I wanted to say, THANK YOU so much for all the new features you've been implementing on your preview/Beta platforms, it's SUPER EXCITING!!

So here is an idea for a feature I would love to have on the next version!

Ability to Sort a List by Chronological Order - I organize my schedule of To Do lists by dates and times; would be nice if you could click a "chronological sort" button and it will reorganize that list from earliest to latest time. It will also recognize times in multiple (4:30pm, 430pm, 430PM, etc) formats and will allow you to easily set alarms and reminders based on this schedule without having to manually enter a new alarm.

Thank you for reading!
Astraea

Any platform(s) in particular and what kind of list?  If you use the reminder function for your to do's note lists can be sorted by remindertime on Windows and I think the Mac dekstops.  Doesn't help if you are talking about a list in a note though.

3 hours ago, CalS said:

Any platform(s) in particular and what kind of list?  If you use the reminder function for your to do's note lists can be sorted by remindertime on Windows and I think the Mac dekstops.  Doesn't help if you are talking about a list in a note though.

Thanks for the reply! Ideally I would like this feature to be available across all platforms since I use Evernote on my PC, Mac, iPad and Android.

I'm particularly talking about a To Do list using checkboxes in a normal note like in my screenshot attached.

Again, it would recognize different time formats: 8pm is the same as 8 pm or 8:00pm, for instance.

Also, you can click a separate button to Auto Set Reminders - which will send a reminder at 7am, 10:30am and 8pm respectively--without coding of course! (This is for the casual users like me.)

ex3.JPG

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Astraea said:

I'm particularly talking about a To Do list using checkboxes in a normal note like in my screenshot attached.

Currently, Evernote Reminders are set at the note level, not to checkboxes in a normal note

edit: The checklist reminders are something new; unrelated to the note reminders

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Evernote Reminders are set at the note level, not to checkboxes in a normal note

Exactly!

So to clarify, Evernote Team, it would be SO wonderful if you could apply these two features:

• Chronological Sort (and toggle ascending or descending)
  • Auto-Set Reminders

To checklists within a note - a one-click button - something fast, user-friendly and easily accessible for a casual Evernote user like myself! 😊

Thank you for reading!

~Astraea

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, Astraea said:

Chronological Sort (and toggle ascending or descending)

Could this sort part also be addressed as a generic request for table sorting386411524_ScreenShot2020-05-23at10_27_08PM.png.38cdccd55d345a47e8c774a045a597b0.png

• Like 1