Cannot Play Certain Video Formats from within Evernote

For instance, I have some notes with webm files that play without issue when opening them from my Windows computer. They also play without issue when I would choose to download them from their respective notes on my android devices. The issue is when I would want to open them from Evernote on Android directly.

Even with having downloaded software that can play such files (in this case, MX Player), Evernote only offers to open them with apps like Sketch, ES Note Editor, News Suite, etc. There is no option for selecting MX Player or any other capable media app. 

While I could choose to download such files to my phone as a temporary workaround, this would, needless to say, not be an ideal situation in the long run.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sounds like this depends on the default app settings on your phone. Evernote is offering (I'd guess) the apps which it can access to play the content.  When you download the file,  your phone then can use the default app for that file type.  As you're a subscriber,  try reporting the issue to Support with details of the device and Android version - maybe they can help... 

On 5/20/2020 at 6:26 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Sounds like this depends on the default app settings on your phone. Evernote is offering (I'd guess) the apps which it can access to play the content.  When you download the file,  your phone then can use the default app for that file type.  As you're a subscriber,  try reporting the issue to Support with details of the device and Android version - maybe they can help... 

That makes sense. Appreciate the response!

• Like 1