Evernote local only use

Here to validate my plan for EN use from hereon. Would appreciate feedback re it's workability.

Context. I am a long-time EN Premium user. I started paying for it within weeks of first loading it and have been with them ever since (decade+). From time to time I would have a technical problem and with the exception of one (luckily coincided with me getting a new PC) all were fixed. Unfortunately I seem to experience issues more frequently and yesterday syncing stopped again. I know the drill, raise a ticket, send my logs (including all note titles unless I am prepared to muck about for ages), try a few things, finally reinstall unless the Ctrl-Help options work. I just can't be bothered knowing that within a few months I will have to go through it all again.

Therefore, the plan.

I intend to shift all synced notes over to a local notebook and leave them there. I will copy any I need on my phone over to Onenote and sync with that, but this is no more than 100 notes. I will copy the EN database over to my mothballed MAC just in case of any data loss elsewhere. What I am not clear on is if I might lose some functionality, e.g. ability to search for text within images that are contained in notes might disappear? I might lose some PDF search capability? I won't scan anything else into EN in future so it is functionality on existing notes that I am considering.

I would leave the notes like this for possibly years so might occasionally have to upgrade the EN client, but I think I can do that for as long as a free account is offered, so I see no issues there.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, MRJ said:

I intend to shift all synced notes over to a local notebook and leave them there...I would leave the notes like this for possibly years so might occasionally have to upgrade the EN client, but I think I can do that for as long as a free account is offered, so I see no issues there.

What do you gain by switching to a local notebook?
There's too great a risk of losing your data

Why not leave the notes online; you will always have access via the web?   
You have a full local data copy and can continue using the Evernote client   
If you're not making data changes, syncing is not an issue

Thanks 

On 5/19/2020 at 2:10 PM, DTLow said:

Why not leave the notes online; you will always have access via the web?   
You have a full local data copy and can continue using the Evernote client   
If you're not making data changes, syncing is not an issue

True and on reflection i'll probably do that. My first thought was to get the online books empty because at the moment the sync button just sits there spinning whenever I load the client, and as I said, I just can't be bothered getting a fix for it. Still, I don't suppose it's a big deal so your suggestion is the way to go.