Changing Note Default Font-Size Anxiety

I have set my Note default font type-size to Tahoma 12.  The last time I changed/updated this, which was quite a while ago, I think I recall that making the change had the effect of changing the font size to not only any new note I would create, but also changed the font size to ALL pre-existing notes, which especially affected the layout of text I had formatted to my liking, inside of tables.

I'd like to go ahead and change my default font size to 14... but am having quite a lot of anxiety about it, as I have many template notes (not setup as actual EN Templates) that include lots of tables with font size layouts etc, that are just the way I like it... I fear changing the default font-size will throw everything out, and most concerningly in my tables

Am I correct...will EN change font size, esp in tables, in my pre-existing notes ?  IF yes, is there any way to tell EN to apply the NEW default font-size to ONLY new future notes created from this point in time?

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, RavBoy said:

I'd like to go ahead and change my default font size to 14... but am having quite a lot of anxiety about it, as I have many template notes (not setup as actual EN Templates) that include lots of tables with font size layouts etc, that are just the way I like it

You have the option of hardcoding font-size in specific notes/templates

If no hardcoding, the default font-size for the device is used in the note display

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
8 minutes ago, RavBoy said:

Am I correct...will EN change font size, esp in tables, in my pre-existing notes ?  IF yes, is there any way to tell EN to apply the NEW default font-size to ONLY new future notes created from this point in time?

When you change default font all text changes except any text where a specific font was applied, tables included.

No way to have a go forward font change to the best of my knowledge.

Best you can do is make your font change and change the font in the old tables whenever you run across them.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, CalS said:

... all text changes except any text where a specific font was applied, tables included.

does 'specific' mean All/Any of font changes:  SIZE - COLOUR - TYPE

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, RavBoy said:

Awesome...where/how do i make that happen? cheers

I'm not a Windows user but it should be simply selecting text in the note/template and assigning a font-size

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
27 minutes ago, RavBoy said:

does 'specific' mean All/Any of font changes:  SIZE - COLOUR - TYPE

Not 100%, but I'm reasonably sure you have to edit font or size of text for it not to change with subsequent default font changes.  Color is not impacted by changing the default font.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, CalS said:

Not 100%, but I'm reasonably sure you have to edit font or size of text for it not to change with subsequent default font changes.  Color is not impacted by changing the default font.

Many Thanks... Think I will trial this with my wife or son's free account on their PC and see what happens.  Else, if one was to do this and then later wanted to reverse it, I imagine it would not be an easy process?  Not like EN has a restore point or anything! cheers

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, RavBoy said:

Many Thanks... Think I will trial this with my wife or son's free account on their PC and see what happens.  Else, if one was to do this and then later wanted to reverse it, I imagine it would not be an easy process?  Not like EN has a restore point or anything! cheers

You are welcome.  I guess a way to protect yourself in the future would be to use a font other than the default (after further review it is just a font change that freezes the font, size is of no matter) in your tables.  Maybe something close to the default. 

ScreenClip.png.d3761ac33de24053fbb11ff93501b27e.png

Then when you change default font the tables would stay as is.  The font changed on the left stuck when the default was changed.

image.thumb.png.720bbefcb093ae37ee02f3acbb5ee359.png

• Thanks 1
  • 6 months later...