Second by Second Auto-Backup To "Temporary Archive"

Astraea

Hi Evernote Team!

Originally I had these ideas consolidated into one post but a user suggested I post individually to welcome discussion. Here is an idea for features I would love to have on the next version:

ALL Notes, Even Erased Notes, Will Be Saved in Archive UNTIL Manually Deleted - would LOVE to have this. To clarify, "Even Erased Notes" does not just mean DELETED notes, because we already have the ability to go into the trash and fish out accidentally deleted notes. What I mean is, similar to iOS Time Machine or Google Doc's ability to track/compare every edit made, Evernote could be saving notes every second or minute (user can customize), and even if the entire text was deleted - Evernote will SAVE every state to a temporary archive.

Isay temporary because you should be able to manually empty this cache to save on data/memory, as I'm sure this will eat up a LOT of it. User should be able to be set how often the Archive auto-clears.

Say you were writing one late night and fell asleep with your phone, and in your half-awake state accidentally deleted everything you typed and it was a blank note that you backed out of. You wake up next morning to find the note doesn't exist. You can't use the Undo feature and you can't find it in the Trash. Was it just a fever dream?

Thank you for reading! ^_^

Astraea
  • Level 5*

Hi. Nice idea,  but unless you have a 5G device,  a 'constant backup' would mean that all other downloaded games, TV and other websites would basically suck.  I have a daily backup of my complete account so that if my data did have some sort of catastrophic accident I could recreate any or all parts of it from my own resources. I think it's unrealistic though to expect Evernote to protect you from the consequences of every action,  no matter how bizarre.  There's a limit to how much they can do off of a phone connection!!  ;)

• Level 5*

Copied from the list discussion

Thats a lot of data
Evernote has a Note History backup, but it's only multiple times a day   
I have personal backups (Mac Time Machine) but it only runs hourly   
I also have incremental backups scheduled daily; I could adjust this to more frequent 

Instead of posting a list, it would be more useful as separate post   
Users can then discuss and vote on a per request basis