Open Browser Security Bug

Hello,

I've seen what may be an issue with the login security.

I logged into Evernote and eventually closed the browser tab the application was in without closing the browser. Since the browser is still open, I attempted to log back into Evernote in another tab. Upon clicking the Log In button, I'm immediately logged back into my account without any credential prompts at all. For the record, if I close the browser entirely, it immediately prompts me for credentials upon reopening the browser for access. 

Here is my software information. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Operating System: Windows 10
Browser: Google Chrome (latest version)

onwingslikeeagles

• Level 5

I see the same thing on Windows 7 using Opera. Since I'm at home on my own computer, it doesn't bother me--I actually find it convenient--but in any kind of shared-computer situation, it could definitely be a problem. The only solution at present is to log out manually from within the Evernote tab (click on your initial/account name for the menu).

• 4 weeks later...

onwingslikeeagles, well, I don't think it's actually a security problem. I think it's how cookie works. The same thing with win7x64. If you want to remove all the cookies you have (or just specific) - there are plenty of extensions, which can help with it. Talking of security things, here is an article I've recently found on the web ( this one: https://cybersummitusa.com/2020/04/how-coronavirus-helps-hackers-get-rich/ ), which explains how intruders and hackers can use covid quarantine in their forbidden business.