Can't Delete Notebook

Hello,

I can not delete my notebook.

I'm reorganizing my notes after adding stacks and realized that I added new notebooks and moved everything out of an old one. Therefore, I attempted to delete the old one and Evernote has blurred out the option to do so. Check the attached screenshot.

The screenshot originates from attempting to delete the notebook from the list of notebooks screen. I have also clicked the notebook I'm trying to delete to navigate to its screen and the option to do so is still blurred out on that screen as well.

Lastly, the option to delete a notebook is not blurred out if I choose one with notes in it. Therefore, I think the issue lies within an empty notebook.

My software is listed below. Let me know if you have any questions.

Operating System (OS): Windows 10
Browser: Google Chrome (latest version)
Additional note: Using the New Web Experience

- onwingslikeeagles

delete notebook issue.png

27 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Is this your default notebook?

Thanks for your reply.

After researching what a default notebook is (seen here: How to change your default notebook), I believe this is the issue. I simply changed what notebook this is and the previously mentioned notebook was able to be deleted. However, after understanding this, I'm seeing several design flaws with this concept.

Because a default notebook exist, it should not be able to be deleted; however, there is not an indicator within the application to state which notebook is the default. Therefore, when attempting to delete it, blurring out the option to delete the notebook (when the user doesn't know the aforementioned information) can be very confusing. There are some suggestions I have for this recently discovered feature, so I'll post them in the feature requests section of the forum.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
35 minutes ago, onwingslikeeagles said:

Because a default notebook exist, it should not be able to be deleted; however, there is not an indicator within the application to state which notebook is the default. Therefore, when attempting to delete it, blurring out the option to delete the notebook (when the user doesn't know the aforementioned information) can be very confusing.

That's an important point. In the Evernote Windows program, there's an icon by the default notebook. In the Web beta, there are only a couple of round-about ways of identifying it: try to delete it, as you discovered; and click on the 3 dots at the end of its row in the list of notebooks: if the option "Set as default notebook" is not present, then this notebook is the default. That's not very well done.

• Like 1