Screenshot Annotations with Clipper for Safari don't work

When adding annotations to screenshots taken with WebClipper in Safari, 3/4 of the screenshot will turn black and only the upper left corner remains intact. No such problem with Firefox/Chrome clippers on the same Mac, and in Safari it only happens if I add annotations to the screenshot from within the Clipper, not if I just take the screenshot and save it without further changes. Using macOS 10.5 and latest clipper and Browser versions.

Anyone else experiencing this?

2EDB61A9-DA5C-456C-B97C-FE87522FEECC.thumb.jpg.17dfc6bec803da57de88b8520bf0cb32.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I sent a support ticket to the Evernote team, assuming a bugfix is needed here. (Still want to use Safari, not Chrome, so the known workaround of switching to another browser does not solve it for me.) Will update this thread as soon as there are any news.

@Didi Bremen @akieres This isn't a problem on Evernote's end. It's a problem on Apple's end due to the new operating system security protocols. You have to double check and make sure that Evernote/Skitch has permission to record the screen.

System Preferences > Security > Screen Recording

Make sure there is a check mark next to Evernote and Skitch. You may have to click the lock on the bottom left to make changes.

4 minutes ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

@Didi Bremen @akieres This isn't a problem on Evernote's end. It's a problem on Apple's end due to the new operating system security protocols. You have to double check and make sure that Evernote/Skitch has permission to record the screen.

System Preferences > Security > Screen Recording

Make sure there is a check mark next to Evernote and Skitch. You may have to click the lock on the bottom left to make changes.

Nope, this security setting is not relevant here and as written before, the problem occurs with annotations to screenshots made directly in the clipper, not with the screenshots as such as they do work as long as no annotations are made or the annotations are added later directly in the Evernote app or the same thing is done with another browser than Safari.

Just now, Didi Bremen said:

Nope, this security setting is not relevant here and as written before, the problem occurs with annotations to screenshots made directly in the clipper, not with the screenshots as such as they do work as long as no annotations are made or the annotations are added later directly in the Evernote app or the same thing is done with another browser than Safari.

Sorry about that. I saw the pink arrow and my brain automatically said Skitch. I know mine is working so let me check my settings.

9 minutes ago, Didi Bremen said:

I apologize again for the mix up. I just tried it on my iMac and it's working fine, but my MBP is giving me the same result as you are getting. I'm running a beta build on the MBP and an older version of safari on the iMac, just in case that helps in your support ticket.

• Like 1

Received a kind email from the Evernote support team this week: The Evernote development team confirmed the issue and a fix will be delivered. A timeframe was not confirmed for the fix and for the meantime I was advised to annotate the screenshots in the Evernote application after saving them instead of directly within in the Safari web clipper (which is an acceptable interims solutions for me). Will keep this thread updated.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...