Sign in to follow this  
friz

Bi-directional Linking

Not that this is a new idea, but a recent new kid on the block in note-taking apps has it at one of their killer features. It got me wondering -- does anyone here think Evernote may add bi-directional linking somewhere down the line?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, friz said:

does anyone here think Evernote may add bi-directional linking somewhere down the line?

No idea but Evernote has not indicated an interest in this function 

The note's id is embedded in a note-link; a backlink list can be generated by a search   
I'm able to generate this list on a Mac using my backup Evernote data1325981221_ScreenShot2020-05-03at1_33_59PM.png.7c153f60eadb4a6e1b6c4e72e424a4b0.png

The screenshot shows a list of all notes
with a link to note 72b0b6868776

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 3:59 PM, friz said:

Not that this is a new idea, but a recent new kid on the block in note-taking apps has it at one of their killer features. It got me wondering -- does anyone here think Evernote may add bi-directional linking somewhere down the line?

Old kid on the block here. Can you say more about what bi-directional linking is and does, esp. in relation to what it could do in Evernote?

A backlink feature in Evernote would be awesome!, I don't want to lose all those notes in Evernote if I move over to Roamresearch.

• Like 1