Evernote local space problem

If I hv 10 GB notes on Evernote, does that mean locally I will also hv 10 GB content backup on my MacBook?

If so, how can I make sure that all the notes are only saved on the cloud server but not on my MacBook(MacBook has very small storage )

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you're using the web app,  all your notes are online - only temporary data is stored locally.  If you have the app installed on your MB,  then yes the app will store a copy of your notes locally.  You could uninstall it and rely on the web version?

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  If you're using the web app,  all your notes are online - only temporary data is stored locally.  If you have the app installed on your MB,  then yes the app will store a copy of your notes locally.  You could uninstall it and rely on the web version?

By the way, gazumped, if I delete those local copies from the app in library folders, the notes will still be there on the server?

• Level 5*
35 minutes ago, Stuart889 said:

if I delete those local copies from the app in library folders, the notes will still be there on the server?

Deleting the local database from your Mac will have no impact to the data on the servers    
However, the first time you login with the Mac app,, the local database will be recreated

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
11 hours ago, Stuart889 said:

if I delete those local copies from the app

...and beware: if you delete them from within the app,  Evernote will move them to the Trash notebooks.  Uninstalling the app is the way to go if you wish to save space.

51 minutes ago, gazumped said:

...and beware: if you delete them from within the app,  Evernote will move them to the Trash notebooks.  Uninstalling the app is the way to go if you wish to save space.

Noted with thanks. After uninstalling, should I locate .com.evernote folders and delete them too or MacBook will remove those folders in library automatically ?

• Level 5*
45 minutes ago, Stuart889 said:

or MacBook will remove those folders in library automatically ?

No, uninstalling the app has no impact on the database files

>>After uninstalling, should I locate .com.evernote folders and delete them too

Yes, manually delete the database files
You might want to locate the files before uninstalling the app
1843517600_ScreenShot2020-04-29at8_20_13AM.png.c22842e5194ce0a9002295185537907f.pnghold down the option key and Help > Troubleshooting > Open Database folder

• Like 1
  • Level 5

It is easier to use the app AppCleaner to remove all data with the app.

When deleting with this helper program, a box will ask what to delete and what to keep. If all positions are checked, the data will be removed together with the app and the settings.

• Like 1