What the... happened here???

I seldom use Google, because of privacy concerns, but sometimes I have to when I cannot find a specific thing. I went over to google.com and searched and to my surprise Google also searched in my Evernote notes (se picture). NOT OK. What happened here? How can this be? How can I turn it off???? I do not want Google anywhere near my Evernote notes. Ever. If Evernote shares my notes with Google it's goodbye Evernote.

I use Firefox as webbrowser.

Screenshot_2020-04-21 barmarksrenhållning förbättring - Sök på Google.png

Hmmm... it seems like it's the Evernote clipper who does it. But it only shows it when using Google, not when I use Startpage (that is my standard search engine).
I have removed it now. Not very happy to see my notes showing up on a google website. I do not trust Google at all.

Screenshot_2020-04-21 Evernote Web Clipper related results.png

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, Andis said:

Hmmm... it seems like it's the Evernote clipper who does it. But it only shows it when using Google, not when I use Startpage (that is my standard search engine).
I have removed it now. Not very happy to see my notes showing up on a google website. I do not trust Google at all.

Your notes are not showing up for anyone but you. The web clipper can augment a Google search (dunno about other search engines) with results from your notebooks, but only when you're the one doing the searching, and only if it's enabled in the web clipper options. The relevant web clipper option is "Show Evernote content related to my web searches":

image.png.d45c080fe41e12264873bac405823a6f.png

• Like 1