thom382

Evernote and Claris Connect

I think that it would be a great idea to have a link between Evernote and the new plateform of Claris (ex Filemaker) Claris Connect.

What do you think ? (Evernote staff, users...)

Do you have a use case for this integration ?

If the use case is sound enough, a connection could be created using the EN API-Interface.

In my case, I think to transfer the content of an Evernote note to a Filemaker pro CMS app...

3 hours ago, thom382 said:

I think that it would be a great idea to have a link between Evernote and the new plateform of Claris (ex Filemaker) Claris Connect.

What do you think ? (Evernote staff, users...)

I doubt there's much interest in the Claris platform for Evernote users    
Perhaps more interest in the Claris forums

>>In my case, I think to transfer the content of an Evernote note to a Filemaker pro CMS app...

I''d recommend taking a look at existing features to see if note transfer is possible   
For Apple Mac users, I see that both services have Applescript integration   
something like    
tell application "FileMaker Pro Advanced" 
      create new record in table 1 with data {"aa", "bb", "cc"} 
end tell 

Haven't used Claris, but by the look of their website they're a workflow automation company connecting different types of software together. Doesn't look like they're linked/ integrated with any of the other (dozens of) applications mentioned there - what would Evernote need to do?

Claris / FileMaker belongs to those dinosaurs of the software industry - remember WordPerfect and Lotus 123, among others ? As far as I remember they were among the first real data bases available for the first generation of Macintosh computers. Probable they are searching their own role in a world of non-relational, object-oriented databases.

So I think the thread owner should share his ideas about what to use it for with the forum, for an open discussion.

• Like 1