"Page blocking" Notice Demanding I upgrade - anybody else receive this today? Nothing has changed on my account

• Level 5*

Hi.  You're using a free service that comes with a restriction in the number of devices you may use at any one time. Looks like you exceeded the limit at this point and need to sign out.  Web access doesn't count,  so you still have full access to notes,  and if you haven't already logged out on too many devices this month you'll be able to log out on the device you are not using to connect this one.

Understanding the device limit

I got this today.  Really ticked me off.  I had some notes I needed to get to immediately and this thing help my whole evernote and browser captive.  I could not get out of or around it.   That is no way to make people want to pay for yoru product.  That is how you lose people.  Hijacking and holding captive is not a professional approach.  

• Level 5*
On 4/25/2020 at 12:36 PM, Datamaiden said:

this thing help my whole evernote and browser captive.

Hi.  Evernote via Evernote.com is never blocked for device count issues.  If your installed app is blocked,  try via a browser,  or just sign out of another device if you haven't already done that up to the limit of allowed times to do so.  If you are seeing a browser block,  please post a screenshot.

• Level 5*
On 4/25/2020 at 7:36 AM, Datamaiden said:

I got this today.  Really ticked me off.  I had some notes I needed to get to immediately and this thing help my whole evernote and browser captive.  I could not get out of or around it.   That is no way to make people want to pay for yoru product.  That is how you lose people.  Hijacking and holding captive is not a professional approach.  

This is not hijacking you or holding you captive. It is just part of the Basic, free Evernote plan. It looks like you ran into the device limit: you are limited to using a maximum of 2 synced devices at a time, plus the web version.  Here's some info on the device limit: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/218558068-Understanding-the-device-limit