Why use notebooks instead of tags to quickly organise notes

In Evernote Windows, when user selects multiple notes via note list, why aren't those app functions top first level menu greyed out? The second level sub-menu is greyed out but the first level menu isn't. If the subcommands don't work, then everything to the first level menu should be greyed out e.g. "Format" and others. Please test all. 

create a new note in your "unsorted" notebook titled "- RAW". add note "RAW" as an android widget shortcut to your phone. Instead of creating multiple new notes, just open the widget shortcut raw note and append all your notes to that single note 

Is there a better and quicker way to organise your notes?

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, jianfa.tsai said:
Instead of creating multiple new notes, just open the widget shortcut raw note and append all your notes to that single note 

I don't see how appending all your notes to a single note is a method of organizing notes

My new notes are created in the default notebook (@Inbox)   
This is the collection step and theres various sources; manual entry, web clipper, email. ...

In the organize step, I clean up the title, and assign tags   
The note us moved to my Filing Cabinet notebook

>>Why use notebooks instead of tags to quickly organise notes

Evernote uses notebooks to identify notes as   
- sync'd/local   
- private/shared   
- default notebook

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, jianfa.tsai said:

In Evernote Windows, when user selects multiple notes via note list, why aren't those app functions top first level menu greyed out? The second level sub-menu is greyed out but the first level menu isn't. If the subcommands don't work, then everything to the first level menu should be greyed out e.g. "Format" and others. Please test all. 

You already got an answer to this: 

Remember?

Regarding your topic title: "Why use notebooks instead of tags to quickly organise notes"?

It's a matter of taste, and some practicality. If you want to share a collection of notes to another account, you must use notebooks rather than tags. If you want to ensure that a collection of notes is always cached on a mobile device, then you mush use notebooks rather than tags. If you want to keep collections of notes locally on your computer on a desktop device, and never sync to the Evernote servers  then you must use notebooks, not tags. Otherwise, use notebooks and tags as you with. One good thing about tags is that they can be used across notebooks.

8 hours ago, jianfa.tsai said:
create a new note in your "unsorted" notebook titled "- RAW". add note "RAW" as an android widget shortcut to your phone. Instead of creating multiple new notes, just open the widget shortcut raw note and append all your notes to that single note 

I don't know, it's up to you. If you want to collect quick thoughts in a special note, then that's fine. It's not really much to do with organizing your notes, though...