How to sort reminders by due date on NEW Evernote Web v6.8.0

Johrielee

Hi Everyone! I had a quick question about the new version of Evernote (Evernote web v6.8.0). I have been wanting to move over to this new version but it is missing a way to sort reminders by due date. In the old version I could sort my reminders by when they were due but in the new version you can only sort by date created, date updated, or titles. This does not really help me when I am trying to look through which reminder I should do first. Maybe there is a way to do this in the new version and I just haven't figured it out? If someone could advise that would be great! Thank you!

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Reminder functions in general are severely lacking in the Web beta at this point. AFAIK this kind of sorting is among the not-yet-implemented features. Can't say much more than that, other than that hopefully is will show up in the future.

• 1 month later...

Hi Dave! Thank you very much for the response and the welcome! Ah I see! Hopefully they do add a much better reminder function in the new version. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Thank you for clarifying!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/13/2021 at 7:36 AM, Benny De Witte said:

I have the same issue... the lack of sorting by due date in the newest Evernote free version is a real setback for me... 

I believe the new version of Evernote actually includes the reminders and sorting by due date now! The new version is actually really good and I've been using it. I'm still using the free version, they had just upgraded it. I would check it out again. 

I'm using the 10.9.2-web (234). Hope this helps!

On 4/10/2020 at 12:22 PM, Johrielee said:

Hi Everyone! I had a quick question about the new version of Evernote (Evernote web v6.8.0). I have been wanting to move over to this new version but it is missing a way to sort reminders by due date. In the old version I could sort my reminders by when they were due but in the new version you can only sort by date created, date updated, or titles. This does not really help me when I am trying to look through which reminder I should do first. Maybe there is a way to do this in the new version and I just haven't figured it out? If someone could advise that would be great! Thank you!

I'm having the same issue, Evernote is my life (pathetic, I know), it's useless to me if I can't sort by reminder.  Also, after the update, only a small fraction of reminders pop up in notifications AND when I click on it, it doesn't go to the reminder note for me to read or edit .... 🥺

I think I found "a way around" this issue. Put the year-month-day (e.g. 2021-03-05) that you want to see it appear in the future, in the front of the subject of each of your reminders. Then they will be arranged according to date. Works fine for me 😉👍.

Putting the date in front of the note name is a good idea but it doesn't remind you when the note is due. I'm pretty sure the new evernote (if you add a reminder due date to it) you can go to the reminders tab on the web version and sort it by upcoming reminders. It's the settings button under the reminder tab. That has worked really well for me and it sorts it by upcoming first (or past due) which is nice. If you're using the app on your phone, it doesn't have that yet but the web version on the computer has it. 

• 6 months later...
On 3/8/2021 at 6:04 PM, Benny De Witte said:

Thanks for the advice, I'll try it on my pc. Btw, most of the time I'm using reminders on Evernote on my Samsung and it works by showing in on the dates that I've put in front of the subject. 

Hello! Were you ever able to get the reminders to work on  your Samsung?

On 9/27/2021 at 4:06 PM, Benny De Witte said:

Yes I do. On each new reminder I put the year, month and date (e.g. 2021-09-28) at the front of the title. Then put settings "sort by title". Works for me... 👍

Great! I'm glad you were able to find something that works!

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2021 at 1:06 AM, Benny De Witte said:

Yes I do. On each new reminder I put the year, month and date (e.g. 2021-09-28) at the front of the title. Then put settings "sort by title". Works for me... 👍

It's not a solution. It's ugly work around that works if you have just several notes. If I were to do everything manually, I would use trello instead.

Due to "reminders sorting" bug I'm still version 6.21.2 on Windows and I just realized that new Android version DOESN'T SORT by reminders. It's regression from the 2015 year version ;(