Note missing "add note to shortcuts"

jianfa.tsai

Idea

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, jianfa.tsai said:

Why not in next OS upgrade update Note with "add note to shortcuts" via customised toolbar button and keyboard shortcuts. 

Is this a function that gets a lot of use?

I barely use the Shortcuts section; perhaps a dozen saved searches

3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Is this a function that gets a lot of use?

I barely use the Shortcuts section; perhaps a dozen saved searches

I use CTRL + Q to activate the search function. If you measure the time to use keyboard shortcuts and type the keyboards and the minute steps like thinking and eyeball searching etc, using the mouse to click the shortcuts will be useful for less than 5 shortcuts. Anything more you waste time and lose the benefits from searching through the shortcut list. On the other hand, this brings to mind, why not a keyboard shortcut similar to chrome keyboard shortcut to access tabs by e.g. modifier key + 1 = shortcut 1 OR modifier key + 2 = shortcut 2 etc? 

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, jianfa.tsai said:

I use CTRL + Q to activate the search function. If you measure the time to use keyboard shortcuts and type the keyboards and the minute steps like thinking and eyeball searching etc, using the mouse to click the shortcuts will be useful for less than 5 shortcuts. Anything more you waste time and lose the benefits from searching through the shortcut list. On the other hand, this brings to mind, why not a keyboard shortcut similar to chrome keyboard shortcut to access tabs by e.g. modifier key + 1 = shortcut 1 OR modifier key + 2 = shortcut 2 etc? 

Already exists, Ctrl+position of shortcut, (1-9) anyway.  I don't use this capability but it is there.

I have 14 shortcuts visible in the toolbar area.  Don't really have to eyeball them since they are after all shortcuts.  Some get used more than others but still... 

I also have my reminder saved searches preceded by ! for easy access from the closed left panel magnifying glass.  So I can get at 20+ most often used searches in no more than two clicks.  Other than that Ctrl+Q for general searching and some PhraseExpress hot keys for more complicated dynamic searches.  FWIW.

• Like 1