Copy and pasting images from Snipping Tool on Windows

Previously we were able to copy and past image into notes from the snipping tool. Now it seem that is no longer an option.

Does anyone have any tips on how to make this possible or some type of work around? 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Are we talking about the browser clipper or the keyboard shortcut for copy/ paste? And have you checked in Tools > Options to make sure what key combination has been selected?

• Level 5

Well, well, well. The wisest amongst us are stumped. ^_^

Maybe it's gone in Windows 10, but in Win7 the OS offers a utility called "Snipping Tool" that allows you to select an area of the screen, take a screenshot,  draw on it if desired, and then save it as a file or copy it to the clipboard for pasting into other programs. I use it all the time. I find that I can paste from it into Evernote as usual.

@Mason111, welcome to the forums. What version of Windows and what version of the Evernote program are you using? When did this quit working? If it was just very recently, try closing Evernote completely (File menu > Exit; the red X box only closes the interface) and then restarting it. Or close it from the Task Manager. That should clear any faults hanging around in memory, and hopefully restore the function. If not, perhaps a reboot of the computer.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Well, well, well. The wisest amongst us are stumped. ^_^

Maybe it's gone in Windows 10, but in Win7 the OS offers a utility called "Snipping Tool" that allows you to select an area of the screen, take a screenshot,  draw on it if desired, and then save it as a file or copy it to the clipboard for pasting into other programs. I use it all the time. I find that I can paste from it into Evernote as usual.

@Mason111, welcome to the forums. What version of Windows and what version of the Evernote program are you using? When did this quit working? If it was just very recently, try closing Evernote completely (File menu > Exit; the red X box only closes the interface) and then restarting it. Or close it from the Task Manager. That should clear any faults hanging around in memory, and hopefully restore the function. If not, perhaps a reboot of the computer.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  ;)

Found it in Windows 10, Shift+Win+S.  Honestly never really looked for it as I mostly use my EN Screen Capture hot key, with and without Ctrl+.  Good thing about this learning is Shift+Win+S can be used to screen cap some of the EN menus which block EN hot key usage.  Another tool in the pack. 

Will probably stick with the EN hot key mostly, Alt+0 is easier to hit than Shift+Win+S and it's memory fiber at this point.

• Level 5

In truth I don't often clip (partial) screen captures to Evernote, for whatever reason. But I do use the Snipping Tool for other purposes. It's pretty hand in its way. It was introduced in Vista, which I skipped, and I remember being happy to discover it when it first appeared.

• 2 weeks later...

@Dave-in-Decatur I am using Windows 10 Home and the I'm using evernote basic out of my web browser.  The problem started just after Evernote made their latest update I believe. Have tried closing out of the web browser many times and even restarting my computer. I downloaded the app/program for Windows and I don't have a problem pasting from the snipping tool there, but the app lack capabilities such as expanding the note across the entire screen so that it can be used on half of the screen effectively, etc. 

• Level 5
5 hours ago, Mason111 said:

@Dave-in-Decatur I am using Windows 10 Home and the I'm using evernote basic out of my web browser.  The problem started just after Evernote made their latest update I believe. Have tried closing out of the web browser many times and even restarting my computer. I downloaded the app/program for Windows and I don't have a problem pasting from the snipping tool there, but the app lack capabilities such as expanding the note across the entire screen so that it can be used on half of the screen effectively, etc. 

OK, thanks. This is actually the forum for the Windows desktop program, so that's what I was assuming. Which version of Evernote for the Web are you using (and in what browser? I just tested, using the Evernote Web client beta with Opera as the browser, and a clip from the Snipping Tool pasted just fine. But then I went back to the older version of Evernote, and it was just as you said: pasting from the S.T. failed, either with Ctrl+V or right-click and Paste. Pasting a different image from the Web succeeded though.

If you're using the older version of Evernote Web, your initial will be in the lower left of the page. Click that to get the account menu, and choose "Switch to the New Evernote Web." There are a lot of differences between the two in appearance and in functionality, so it'll take a minute to get used to; and of course you can always go back to the older version. If you're already using the Web beta, your initial and account menu will be in the top left--and in that case, I'm stumped.

• 6 months later...

Hi. I've been using Evernote for a long time and am a premium user. I've been pretty evangelical about Evernote. But I just got the latest version and now I'm ready to quit.

The reason: I cannot find a way to easily snip and paste into Evernote from other applications....like Teams, or PDFs, or powerpoint. I use this all the time.....Evernote now seems focused on snipping from the Browser. There is a guide online that says "use the Evernote to cut and paste screen shots" but it doesn't seem to work....the cursor is supposed to change shape or something.....

Being able to grab, keep and search images from any application (not just web browsers) is my main rationale for having Evernote. 

In the previous version, simply right clicked on the mouse and you could screen save from there. This option has gone......if I am missing a simple way to do this....please help!

True, I can use Windows snipper tool. But this a) two tools and b) It seems you have to create a note and then paste into the note....