Webp extension

Carlos Cortes

Idea

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Clipper supports many image formats,  but not all of them.  Webp seems to be one of the excluded types for the moment.  A future version of Clipper should change that,  but meantime screen shots or printing a web page to PDF to attach to a note are alternatives...

I also have the problem from very popular websites that use the webp format for their images. i.e. here https://www.cnet.com/news/best-wifi-range-extender-of-2020/

The ironic thing is you start the web clipper on a page and see all the images and text just how you like them in the webclipper editor and do your highlighting etc.. and then the clipper does not capture the images and supplants with an empty box when transferred to the notebook.

If they show in the editor they should show in my notebook!

I bemoan this issue every day. Please fix ASAP.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, caffeineplease said:

If they show in the editor they should show in my notebook!

They are two different...  and why would you...  OK - like I said 4 months ago,  webp is not  a (currently) supported format.  Evernote will get around to it,  but exactly when is down to their internal timetable.  It will happen soon - it just hasn't happened yet.

If it has been 4 months already I take it won't be coming this year. But I'd pay double the monthly fee for premium if the clipper and the Evernote service were improved. This item being one of those fixes. Eliminate user friction and obstacles. Carry on.