Lost my notes

ReverendRevelry

Idea

Hi guys,

I created a notebook on the web version and worked on it via my phone and tablet through the past few days and when I look at it now, all the notes I wrote are missing, I checked all devices and web version but can't find it

Is there anyway to recover this without having to buy premium?

Thanks

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi guy,

your notes are all there, on the EN server, safe and waiting to be discovered.

Most likely you have created a new account by accident. This can happen when you make a small mistake while entering your user name. You then create a new account instead of logging into the existing one.

Check this, renter your original user data, and your notes will be back.

• Level 5

Well, if you a accidentally created a second account (which is my hypothesis because it happens over and again), those notes you created since are in that account, the old ones are in the first one.

There is one other option: If you are using the WebClient, you may be on the „new“ client. It is a testing ground for the new editor, but there may be problems. So you can try to go back to the old or classical version of the web client by changing the setting. Maybe you get to your missing notes by this.

• Level 5
18 hours ago, ReverendRevelry said:

I can't seem to find the notes I wrote for the past few days still :(, checked all accounts (I always normally login via Google)

16 hours ago, ReverendRevelry said:

Wait if I create a new account, wouldn't it just be a completely new account as in i can't write on notebooks from the other account?

1 hour ago, ReverendRevelry said:

Do staff not come on the fourms

Staff occasionally look in, but this is primarily a user-to-user forum. @PinkElephant's point, I believe, is that when creating the new notebook in the Web client, you may have accidentally logged in with a different email address, which would very quickly and easily (unfortunately) create a new account. So yes, it would be a completely new account, and that's where the notes you created at that time would be. Depending on what email and password you used to create it, it might not be obvious how to get back to this account. You may need to try every email address and password you might have used--being careful not to create yet another new account!

You can go to https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new to create a support request. I'm not sure what options will be available to you on a Basic account. If the notes are important enough, it may be worth signing up for Premium for just one month so that you can get full access to support and they can hopefully straighten this out. At the end of the month, you can simply drop back to Basic.

• Thanks 2
On 3/31/2020 at 9:28 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Staff occasionally look in, but this is primarily a user-to-user forum. @PinkElephant's point, I believe, is that when creating the new notebook in the Web client, you may have accidentally logged in with a different email address, which would very quickly and easily (unfortunately) create a new account. So yes, it would be a completely new account, and that's where the notes you created at that time would be. Depending on what email and password you used to create it, it might not be obvious how to get back to this account. You may need to try every email address and password you might have used--being careful not to create yet another new account!

You can go to https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new/mcdvoice survey  to create a support request. I'm not sure what options will be available to you on a Basic account. If the notes are important enough, it may be worth signing up for Premium for just one month so that you can get full access to support and they can hopefully straighten this out. At the end of the month, you can simply drop back to Basic. 

Interesting stuff to read. Keep it up.