Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CaptainCowPie

(Archived) Multiple copies of files from Mac client on Web client

I have been importing a lot of my stuff from Journler and other areas into Evernote for the Mac, and have had a lot of crashes. I believe I tracked down the files that were creating the crash. But now my main notebook on the Mac has 47 entries, and the one on the web has 800+ with a lot of dupes. I assume something happened during the crashes.

What I am wondering is, what is the best way to handle this? I tried going through the web and deleting each duplicate, but you have to open the note and then delete. I can't find a way to work on multiple files. Then I am worried that I may delete the one that was stored locally, and that will be deleted.

Since this is my default notebook, is there a good way to maybe copy everything locally to a new notebook, then delete the default notebook on the web, and then copy everything back? Or would this mess things up?

Vince

Just an update on how I plan to handle this unless someone comes up with a better way. I just moved all of the files from my default notebook on the Mac to a backup notebook. Then I synced and still had 800 some on the web. So I am just going through and moving the ones on the web to another notebook called DELETE just in case something goes wrong. It will take a while, but I don't have to think about the actions, just mindlessly click on a note and move.

Ah, the joys of beta software ;)

Vince