Automatic folder synchronization and double notes

Hello to all,
I have a folder on windows that automatically synchronizes the pdf files inside with Evernote. The notes will have as title the name of these pdf files.
It may be sometimes that I move two or more identical files into this folder, and so I create double notes in Evernote.

Is there any way to find these double notes in Evernote? Maybe with a search in the title?

Thanks so much

• Level 5

Probably you can sort by name. If you import all into the same import notebook, the number of notes to compare is reduced. If this import notebook is always near empty, it should be easy. Make sure you don’t scan several times (clear physical inbox for documents to scan, and outbox for those already scanned. I scrap most of what is scanned directly).

If there is a number of documents in duplicate, no harm done ...

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, r_ziliani said:

Hello to all,
I have a folder on windows that automatically synchronizes the pdf files inside with Evernote. The notes will have as title the name of these pdf files.
It may be sometimes that I move two or more identical files into this folder, and so I create double notes in Evernote.

Is there any way to find these double notes in Evernote? Maybe with a search in the title?

Thanks so much

If you have some Excel skills you can copy the note titles and other meta data into a spreadsheet and do a compare to find duplicate titles reasonably quickly.

1. Go to side list view, I find this the easiest view to use when doing this.
  2. Go to all notes and sort by title, saves a step in excel.
  3. Click on a note in the note list and press Ctrl+Alt+A to highlight the list.
  4. Press Ctrl+Alt+C to copy the list.
  5. Open Excel and paste the list into Excel
  6. Create a commutation column comparing title with the one above it, flag it as Yes or whatever if it matches.
  7. Filter by that computation column and you should have a list of duplicate titles.

I think it took me longer to type this than it does to actually do it.  :wacko: