How do we know what's new?

I notice that the beta web client changed from 6.6 to 6.7 on Chrome. But unlike most betas I have used over the years, there is no announcement, no list of changes.. It seems like the web beta isn't really being treated like a real beta release. Users seem to have little insight into how things are going with the "new" Evernote, what features are there and what aren't.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

In addition, what _IS_ beta. I am currently using the web editor beta, but get ~ version 5.30, so I'm not using the same beta, which may make any supposed beta feedback irrelevant or confusing.

On a related note: The Windows client has a beta option which I enabled. But that seems not to work anymore. Realizing that, I signed up to the official "beta program" , was accepted into the program and am waiting for new versions.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
17 hours ago, noneoftheabove said:

Things I've 'found' in 6.7...

* Find & replace

* PDFs can be displayed in full as well as page by page

* something different about printing

Any others?

Right you are about find and replace (accessed by Ctrl+F)! Thanks for finding that. I'm not sure what you mean about the other two. Can you say more?

9 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Right you are about find and replace (accessed by Ctrl+F)! Thanks for finding that. I'm not sure what you mean about the other two. Can you say more?

In previous versions, it was only possible to view PDFs one page at a time with a page forward/ back controls at the bottom. In 6.7 PDFs can be viewed in full by scrolling (if the user wants to)

As for the printing, I *think* it's been tidied up somewhat.

• Thanks 1
On 3/20/2020 at 6:02 PM, ObviousBob said:

I notice that the beta web client changed from 6.6 to 6.7 on Chrome. But unlike most betas I have used over the years, there is no announcement, no list of changes.. It seems like the web beta isn't really being treated like a real beta release. Users seem to have little insight into how things are going with the "new" Evernote, what features are there and what aren't.

Yep, it's crucial to know what's new and therefore what should be (re)tested by beta users.

• Like 3
  • Level 5

I'm not 100% sure this is new in 6.7, but I never noticed it before. In All Notes view, there is now, besides the sort options, an option to filter the list by multiple filters (1st screenshot below). In the 2nd screenshot, I've clicked on the Contains option, to show some of the possible items to use for filtering. NB email addresses, lists, and tables. Some of these are things people have been asking for here.

Evernote Web beta 6-7 filters 1.jpg

Evernote Web beta 6-7 filters 2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Level 5
On 3/20/2020 at 4:50 PM, noneoftheabove said:

* PDFs can be displayed in full as well as page by page

Finally figured this one out. In a PDF within a note, click on the header bar (the gray stripe at the top), then on the 3 dots, to get a choice of Download, View as Attachment, and Page-through Preview or Full Preview. For me, View as Attachment is especially welcome. Thanks again for noticing this.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5
On 5/27/2020 at 1:26 AM, charlieedstrom said:

I found there is a Whats New menu option when you click your name in the upper left. 

The web version seem to have reached a point where it is usable, minus a few features. I'm missing the edit created date, which I heavily used.

Good catch. But I'm not sure how up to date that information is. It still says that saved Web searches can't be done in the beta, but they can, at least in v. 6.12.0 (which I now have on Opera).