(Archived) Suggestion: Different ways to explore (and think of) tags

Tags are awesome. Thanks to Burgers N Fries and the rest of the Evernote community, I think I understand how to use them. However they are a bit inconvenient because if you have many of them, it's kind of hard to travel through them and explore what you have. Maybe a coverflow way of viewing them, or a grid way of viewing them would be helpful.

Also, as a new user, organizing the Evernote way is something you have to learn. Maybe it would be helpful to think of tags as folders, or notebooks, (as the Evernote community has taught me to look at them) and Evernote is just a program that lets you put items into more than one folder, so that you may find them wherever they may be relevant. ( and of course tag them when it is most convenient)

Hopefully this thread doesn't anger people. Maybe I need to learn how to use forums.

• Level 5*
Tags are awesome. Thanks to Burgers N Fries and the rest of the Evernote community, I think I understand how to use them. However they are a bit inconvenient because if you have many of them, it's kind of hard to travel through them and explore what you have. Maybe a coverflow way of viewing them, or a grid way of viewing them would be helpful.

You can organize them using the provided hierarchy. Works pretty well on the desktop clients, or at least the Windows client, which is what I use.

Also, as a new user, organizing the Evernote way is something you have to learn. Maybe it would be helpful to think of tags as folders, or notebooks, (as the Evernote community has taught me to look at them) and Evernote is just a program that lets you put items into more than one folder, so that you may find them wherever they may be relevant. ( and of course tag them when it is most convenient)

Tags are not folders, and it's really not very useful to think of them as such. Evernote has tags, and it has notebooks. Tags are pretty much labels (you can have more than one per note). Notebooks are more like folders, in that they contain notes, but unlike computer folders, they don't nest.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=15071&p=61183#p61183

~Jeff

Archived