Auto copy the content from PDF or websites

Civils

Hello everyone,

Can anyone please suggest a good app which makes notes automatically in background in some document

I.e., if I'm reading a PDF or some blog and if I just select the text with my mouse,it should get automatically saved/pasted in some document

This will reduce the hassle of clicking copy , paste Everytime when we have so many lines to copy from a PDF

Pls suggest for the below OS

-Windows and Android and MAC

Thanks in advance

• Level 5*

On the web, I have the Evernote web clipper installed. I can make a selection, right-click and select "Evernote Web Clipper", then "Clip selection to Evernote" (or bookmark, or screenshot or full page).

• Level 5*
33 minutes ago, Civils said:

Can anyone please suggest a good app which makes notes automatically in background in some document

I.e., if I'm reading a PDF or some blog and if I just select the text with my mouse,it should get automatically saved/pasted in some document

If you are using a Mac, you could automate this workflow with either AppleScript or Keyboard Maestro.  KM makes it easy to use AppleScript and other Actions to quickly write a Macro to automate workflows.  Highly recommended.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Civils said:

Pls suggest for windows, also I'm not a programmer, so can't automate workflow

If you're reading a blog, as you said initially, then presumably it's on the web, and you can use the web clipper as recommended above.

For PDF, it depends one what reader you're using. I use Chrome as my PDF reader on Windows,so again, the web clipper option mentioned above should work fine. Can't comment on other PDF readers, as I don't use them.

On Android, you'd use the standard Share functionality to send  selected text, images, links etc. to your Evernote account.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, Civils said:

Windows.  If you are reading the PDF with the reader embedded in the browser try selecting the text and using the Copy Selection hot key, set under Tools - Options.  Haven't tried it myself but it should work.  If it does the highlighted text will be added to a new note.

Image.png.3f8df826c15f13fac94d39e42d104432.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
49 minutes ago, CalS said:

Windows.  If you are reading the PDF with the reader embedded in the browser try selecting the text and using the Copy Selection hot key, set under Tools - Options.  Haven't tried it myself but it should work.  If it does the highlighted text will be added to a new note.

Nice -- pretty much seems to work from anywhere you can make a selection: web browser, text editor were what I tried anyhow.

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, jefito said:

Nice -- pretty much seems to work from anywhere you can make a selection: web browser, text editor were what I tried anyhow.

I just tried within a native PDF app.  Works there as well.  Would be interesting to see how the format of the output fares based upon different PDFs.  Interested, but no that interested to give it a spin...