How do you get SEARCH RESULTS to zoom to a specific section of a note?

• Level 5*

You can use Ctrl+F to do a search inside a note. So in you case, you type 'QUICKY' in the search control, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+C to copy 'QUICKY' to the clipboard, Ctrl+F to open the search for the current note (at the bottom of the note), Ctrl+V to paste 'QUICKY' into the search text control.

Thanks

that will work if i do:

1. CTRL A
  2. CTRL C
  3. CTRL F
  4. CTRL V

I guess that's better than nothing.

I was hoping there was a checkbox that would let me "Auto-scroll to the first occurrence of the user's search keyword" That way, Evernote would move the vertical scrollbar for me.

Or, it'd be nice if there was just a blue link on the search bar that said "Autoscroll to this Search Term"

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, islandboatman said:

I was hoping there was a checkbox that would let me "Auto-scroll to the first occurrence of the user's search keyword" That way, Evernote would move the vertical scrollbar for me.

Sure, that would be a nice-to-have, but just to be clear, it would have to be more specific than that, since a search can have other search terms than literal text, e.g. tag:MyTag, notebook:MyNotebook, updateddate:, intitle:, etc. In other words, It would need to be the first occurrence of a literal text term.

One thing related that it does is highlight all of the literal text search terms that it finds, but that highlighting can be somewhat flakey -- sometimes it disappears if you switch to A new note, sometimes they're highlighted in the new note.

For the initial problem, I suppose that you could do an AutoHotKey script to automate that. I'm not a AHK user, but there are others around who might help with that.

• Level 5
4 hours ago, islandboatman said:

Or, it'd be nice if there was just a blue link on the search bar that said "Autoscroll to this Search Term"

This has been requested quite a lot, and it would definitely be convenient. I notice that it does seem to work this way in the Web beta editor. @jefito points out some other considerations that complicate the implementation, but I hope we may see this in the Windows desktop program in the time to come.

11 hours ago, jefito said:

Sure, that would be a nice-to-have, but just to be clear, it would have to be more specific than that, since a search can have other search terms than literal text, e.g. tag:MyTag, notebook:MyNotebook, updateddate:, intitle:, etc. In other words, It would need to be the first occurrence of a literal text term.

ok

What would be really cool is if the Evernote note snippet worked like the Google snippet.

e.g. when you search in Google, then the two sentences under the website name are altered so that they attempt to respond to your search query. 

Thus, it'd be nice if (instead of just seeing the first 2 sentences of my note in Evernote), instead Evernote would display the first 2 sentences of my notes--starting at the keyword i was searching for.