Iriska

Evernote for Windows 6.24GA

Idea

Today we released Windows 6.24 GA. It's available here!
What’s in 6.24 GA?

Fixed:

• Some users experienced errors when connecting Evernote to Google Drive 
  • The app would not restart after changing language settings
  • When clicking on a notebook, the app would not always load the first note in that notebook
  • The confirmation window when exiting the app was not always visible
  • “Synchronizing notes” progress bar was not appearing
  • Like 3

9 replies to this idea

Updated a few days ago:  cautiously optimistic... no random crashes for some time now... 🤞

One funny fact - if you click Release Notes it shows wrong version number

image.png.47780dd65aa4f3411cfb469f58795fa9.png

Guys, get some more sleep.. 😉

On 3/8/2020 at 2:39 PM, Kolmir said:

One funny fact - if you click Release Notes it shows wrong version number

image.png.47780dd65aa4f3411cfb469f58795fa9.png

Guys, get some more sleep.. 😉

This was fixed! Thanks for reporting it ;) 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 8:31 PM, Iriska said:
  • The confirmation window when exiting the app was not always visible
  • “Synchronizing notes” progress bar was not appearing

I just installed it, and honestly I wasn't aware that either of these two was supposed to appear. I still don't see them. Where should I be looking?

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 3:34 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I just installed it, and honestly I wasn't aware that either of these two was supposed to appear. I still don't see them. Where should I be looking?

The first one you may have previously said GOAWAY! ("Don't show again") I know the first time I install on a new machine and exit, I always click that!

I think the 2nd only comes up sometimes (I don't remember the conditions). But you do need to have sync-changes-on-exit enabled (in options).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmmn.  First oddity in behaviour - had the main app window and 2 notes open separately while I edited a summary of actions in one of the notes.  Drag & Dropped 2 .MSG files from Outlook and edited the heading of the item to add two words.  The entire note froze and Task Manager showed Evernote using around 20% of my CPU resource. 

It's happened before that Evernote had a 'panic' but steadies down after a few minutes.  I went for a coffee and got sidetracked. 

Came back a good 10 minutes later - same usage.  Tried to close the separate note windows and another app to free up some resource - no reaction.  Tried to exit the main Evernote window - CPU usage goes up to 35% and stays there.  Tried again to close a note window - windows says 'not responding / close app?'  which I did.

Gave it 10 minutes and restarted Evernote - no fatal error window,  but while I am seeing Evernote in Task Manager and it's using around 18% CPU,  I'm not getting an app window.  System restart may be necessary.  I hate computers.  🙄

EDIT:

Evernote ran for another hour+ at around 20% CPU but never showed an app window.  Restarted the laptop and I got an app window...  though it took a full 5 minutes to go from blank to (I think) the full set of notes.  Clicked on the trouble note from before - which I had updated meantime via the web version... and it all seems in order!  Blessed if I know what happened.

Checked logs - lots and LOTS of -

16:25:35 [ERROR  ] [4680] [2620] Failed to save note uid=260695, timed out
16:26:06 [ERROR  ] [4680] [2620] Failed to save note uid=260695, timed out
16:26:36 [ERROR  ] [4680] [2620] Failed to save note uid=260695, timed out
16:27:06 [ERROR  ] [4680] [2620] Failed to save note uid=260695, timed out

???

Everything else seemed to be working - maybe because the web is stressed about by everyone home working... :(

I hate Covid 😷

...and further to the previous note,  another EDIT:  While Evernote was back,  it now seems I can't drag and drop images into my notes now - I have to Attach them via the paperclip...

(The reason for this extra comment being,  the Forum won't let me edit the previous note?!?)

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

While Evernote was back,  it now seems I can't drag and drop images into my notes now - I have to Attach them via the paperclip...

Images from where? I can can drag them from a web page or from File Explorer just fine. Or are you still doing it from Outlook?

8 minutes ago, jefito said:

Images from where?

This recent one was a 'proper' image file from the desktop - a JPG rather than a MSG file.  Everything else seems to be working,  so I assume this is just Ganesha having a laugh...  another restart might cure it...