If I select some note text and then attempt to change its size from Tahoma 10 to 16 it works only sometimes.

If I have a protected note open on one screen then click on a website on my other screen e.g. to select/copy text, the Evernote disappears and I have to click the thing that requires the password again.

Sorry for lack of clarity Jeff.  I was using the free Evernote for Desktop v.6.22 at present but I have experienced it with all previous.  I am referring to encrypted notes.  Both my questions applied to those. The entire note is encrypted, not just a section.

When I say "on my other screen" I mean on my other monitor screen (I have two, side by side).  My second question refers to the situation where I have a completely encrypted note open on my lefthand monitor and a website page on the other.  When the encrypted note disappears it is only the encrypted text that vanishes, leaving the "thing" one clicks to bring up the password but the encrypted text is gone. Then clicking the thing brings it all back (without needing the password), but by then I have often lost focus on where I wanted to paste the text I copied from the webpage.   The Evernote text does not always vanish when clicking on the webpage.   It is not a major problem but rather a minor intermittent annoyance bug.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Herbie said:

Sorry for lack of clarity Jeff.  I was using the free Evernote for Desktop v.6.22 at present but I have experienced it with all previous.  I am referring to encrypted notes.  Both my questions applied to those. The entire note is encrypted, not just a section.

When I say "on my other screen" I mean on my other monitor screen (I have two, side by side).  My second question refers to the situation where I have a completely encrypted note open on my lefthand monitor and a website page on the other.  When the encrypted note disappears it is only the encrypted text that vanishes, leaving the "thing" one clicks to bring up the password but the encrypted text is gone. Then clicking the thing brings it all back (without needing the password), but by then I have often lost focus on where I wanted to paste the text I copied from the webpage.   The Evernote text does not always vanish when clicking on the webpage.   It is not a major problem but rather a minor intermittent annoyance bug.

Yeah, this is intermittent for me as well.  Two monitor set up as well.  Sometimes when I have encrypted text visible in EN and I switch to another app when I return to EN the encrypted text is still visible, sometimes not.  Not sure what the trigger is.  IAC, I don't decrypt that often so haven;'t been motivated to submit a bug report.

If you want to enter the password for encrypted text each time make sure the Remember... box is not checked when you enter it the first time.

ScreenClip.png.e81a8b13a5a3ef58e1aca45655b7c804.png