Cursor jumps to distant location after search

If I search for something, then try to paste or type new information, the cursor jumps to a distant, unrelated part of the note and the new text appears there. This has been happening for years and I haven't found a workaround.

While I'm on the topic of Search, why don't F3 and Shift-F3 work to move you to the next and previous search target as they do in virtually all other Windows software?

Windows 10

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
32 minutes ago, BobRay said:

While I'm on the topic of Search, why don't F3 and Shift-F3 work to move you to the next and previous search target as they do in virtually all other Windows software?

On Evernote for Windows, F3 is currently used to locate focus to the tag field of the active note. Ctrl+G is used for Find Next, and Ctrl+Shift+G is used for Find Previous. Source:https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004807-Keyboard-shortcuts-in-Evernote-for-Windows

You're welcome to guess as to the "why"...

• 1 year later...

This bug is still there.

I have the current version of Evernote. 

What I most often want to do in Evernote is search for a part of a document and insert some text there.

It's literally impossible, since as soon as I hit enter or paste, the cursor jumps to a distant spot in the document and inserts the text there.