Your connection appears offline

• Level 5*
On 2/24/2020 at 2:08 PM, BG Mahesh said:

Have restarted the browser possibly a week ago. But have been using Evernote

The internet connection is working (as I am posting this on the same system+browser)

If this is still an issue I'd suggest restarting everything as a first step.

• Level 5

Maybe I am a bit old fashioned, but restarting a computer from time to time will just do good: Clean out system trash, reset dumps and stacks, straighten the system, allow for updates to install etc. So probably that is the first thing to try.

On 2/25/2020 at 11:34 PM, PinkElephant said:

Maybe I am a bit old fashioned, but restarting a computer from time to time will just do good: Clean out system trash, reset dumps and stacks, straighten the system, allow for updates to install etc. So probably that is the first thing to try.

I didn't restart the laptop, but after a good night sleep it started working again 🙂

• 5 months later...

I have the same issue with the clipper on Mac+Chrome. Also Evernote Web v6.16.1 shows notification "Disconnected Please check your network connection", but i can sync and create notes, web client works fine but constantly displays disconnected notification. 

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
21 hours ago, niebo76 said:

I just tried using web clipper on my MAC's Chrome browser and received the same message 'Your connection seems to be offline'.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi.  See comments in this thread.  Evernote seems to be unable to connect to the server - you need to find out why and correct that...

• Level 5

There can be an interference with other browser extensions / add ons.

First suspects are security extensions of any kind: Ad blockers, privacy extensions, DNS cloakers etc. We had reports in the forum that the WOT web of trust extension killed the clipper, for example. Disable one after the other, and try again.

• 2 years later...

I've been getting this error the past few days …

The error message says:

2024\2\15 10:21:26 ERR Channel: Message 'tabClipper.checkBackgroundStatus' failed with error: 
Error: Tab must be specified  
Error: Tab must be specified
    at Object._tabClipper (chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/ServiceWorkerExtension.js:2:2155912)
    at tabClipper (chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/ServiceWorkerExtension.js:2:2160702)
    at vl._handleDispatchRequest (chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/ServiceWorkerExtension.js:2:1727970)
    at vl._handleMessage (chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/ServiceWorkerExtension.js:2:1726459)
    at chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/ServiceWorkerExtension.js:2:1726326

2024\2\15 10:21:26 ERR Channel: Error in handleResponse UNK/UNK tabClipper checkBackgroundStatus