Problem in removing formatting

When I copy-paste something in a table and then try to simplify/remove the formatting of the text, it is not working. But if i don't select the said text and simply give command for removing/simplifying the formatting, formatting of everything except for the text i want to simply formatting, gets its formatting simplified/removed. Am i doing something wrong here or is it a bug? Also how am i selecting text from within selected cell? I can also select something from cell other than the selected cell

1.PNG

2.PNG

• Level 5*

Hi.  In all their apps Evernote's current editor uses modified HTML to show the layout,  apply tables,  show bullets and bold.  If you're pasting into an existing table,  you're adding more HTML from that text - some of which may conflict with the code surrounding the main part of the page.  Evernote is set up to show note content in a wide variety of OS's and screen sizes.  It can't also show text in the same way as a word processor to allow you to construct a new table from bits of other documents and tables,  and alter the layout and style of the text to suit.

Best advice would be to use a seperate word processor to assemble the note text and then to copy and paste the finished item into your note.  You could also attach the WP file to that note so that any necessary further edits are easy to carry out.

• Level 5*
On 2/22/2020 at 11:37 AM, Hemant Ranga said:

When I copy-paste something in a table and then try to simplify/remove the formatting of the text, it is not working.

Please specify which Evernote application that you are using. Windows? Mac? Web?

For what it's worth, I can't replicate this in the latest Windows version. I use tables a lot.

On 2/25/2020 at 9:35 AM, jefito said:

Please specify which Evernote application that you are using. Windows? Mac? Web?

For what it's worth, I can't replicate this in the latest Windows version. I use tables a lot.

It's windows 10

Also there is a new problem regarding table. I can't use shortcuts like copy, paste, undo etc. We also can't use right click to paste in the table. That creates a lot of problem. is there any way around it?

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Hemant Ranga said:

Also there is a new problem regarding table. I can't use shortcuts like copy, paste, undo etc. We also can't use right click to paste in the table. That creates a lot of problem. is there any way around it?

Evidently the right-click menu for tables when there's no selection is taken over by a menu that has table operations rather than text operations. If you have a selection active, then the text operations menu is used. Moreover, standard keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X continue to work as normal, in either case.

2 minutes ago, jefito said:

Evidently the right-click menu for tables when there's no selection is taken over by a menu that has table operations rather than text operations. If you have a selection active, then the text operations menu is used. Moreover, standard keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X continue to work as normal, in either case.

I can't attach screenshot of the issue but it is not working. And do you happen to know how the text inside the selected text is getting selected, as i asked in original post/problem ?

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, Hemant Ranga said:

I can't attach screenshot of the issue but it is not working. And do you happen to know how the text inside the selected text is getting selected, as i asked in original post/problem ?

I can't reproduce your original problem, so I can't speak to it. I'm just answering the general question about text operations in table cells.