Sorting & Viewing Notes. Plus color coding NB's

Hi!

Is it possible to sort notes any way ome likes with a notebook and all notes like you could with a physical Arc notebook or miraclebind NB? Including sorting in other ways like by modified time, created time, alphabetically, color, reminder time, and etc?

Also are you able to color code each notebook by the color of preference?

I have the Color Note app that had most of these features which I love and it would be amazing if Evernotes has it as well as I transfer all my notes over to Evernotes!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. I love Color Note too, for some particular purposes. In the Evernote Android app, there are various specified sort options for notes and notebooks, but not the option to just sort in a user-created way. Since sort by title is one option, some users create titles that will in effect sort as they wish the notes to be. In the Evernote Windows desktop program, notebooks can be color coded, but unfortunately that does not sync to other other instances of Evernote (even other Windows devices). Hopefully some of this may change as they work on improving the user interfaces, but no promises have been made.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
13 hours ago, ventura2293@gmail.com said:

Last question is, is it possible to view notes in different ways like list, details, grid, & large grid?

Not on Android, no. There are a several options in View Options in the dropdown menu, but nothing like grid/list/details etc. that are available on the desktop clients.

• Thanks 1

I am grateful for all the information shared in regards to my inquiry on Sorting & Viewing Notes. Plus Color Coding NB's.

I understand that Evernote does not provide the option to sort similar to Color Notes but there are a couple of options that one could make good use of. Nevertheless it can not be sorted by personal preference, created time, color, modified time, or reminder time. Plus for the view options it could not be viewed by list, details, grid,and large grid.

I definitely want to make these suggestions to Evernotes in the best future. For now I will move my notes to Evernotes by each color categorie from Color Notes from oldest to newest note. If any further suggestions on cool functions I could take advantage of on Evernotes then please let me know :)!

Thanks,

Angelica

• Level 5

Glad it was helpful, and welcome to Evernote! I would say that some of the advantages of Evernote over Color Notes (which I also use) are:

1. You can view and edit the notes on various devices, for instance on any computer using the Evernote Web client (https://www.evernote.com/client/web).
  2. You can format the notes. Formatting on Android is somewhat limited, but you can add bold, italics, underline, and strikethrough, as well as bulleted or numbered lists, highlighting, check boxes, horizontal lines, indenting, and superscript and subscript. In the beta version of the Web client, you can change fonts as well font sizes and colors, and use different colors of highlights.
  3. You can add any kind of attachment to Evernote notes. On Android, attachments like .docx and .pdf are opened using whatever app you have designated for the purpose on the device. There is a limited amount of photo annotating and cropping available in Evernote.
  4. Since you have a Premium account, everything will be searchable: text that you type, text in attachments, even text in photos.
  5. You can set reminders to alert you to do something with a note.
  6. Notes can have tags to help with categorizing them (as well as sorting them into notebooks). You may find that tags and/or notebooks will help you keep track of notes in the same way that you used color-coding in Color Note.

These are the things that come most quickly to mind, and you're probably already aware of them. If questions come up for you, please do continue to ask them here.

Dave,

Thanks so much for putting into perspective with me within your summary all the reasons how Evernotes is better then ColorNotes. Still exploring so still don't know a lot.

I had originally set myself to have the premium for a limited version since right now I am currently just taking the time to transfer my notes from ColorNotes to Evernotes. When I do decided to go back to Premium since it expires tomorrow, how do I go about doing that? 

Thanks,

Angelica