drag and drop creates file copy in temp folder

hello,

when i drag and drop a file (e.g. a .pdf file) into a note, a copy of the file is created in my c drive: appdata\local\temp folder. this copied file doesn't disappear after i close evernote.

but when i right click and attach a file or use copy/paste this issue doesn't occur..

how can i stop evernote copying the files to temp folder?

thank you.

i'm using evernote 6.23.2.8859 with windows 10. evernote is installed on local drive c/ssd. the local files are stored in another internal drive.

• Level 5*

Hmmm. In SysInternal;s Process Monitor, I do see the Evernote process creating a copy of the attachment (a PDF file in my case) in the temp directory on drag/drop.Don't seem to see it in a copy/paste operation. Mysteries abound for the idle mind...

18 hours ago, jefito said:

Hmmm. In SysInternal;s Process Monitor, I do see the Evernote process creating a copy of the attachment (a PDF file in my case) in the temp directory on drag/drop.Don't seem to see it in a copy/paste operation. Mysteries abound for the idle mind...

This triggers a vague memory... I think we had to do that to work around some oddities in CEF (chromium embedded framework) in order to get DnD to work. I didn't do that work, hence the vague memory. (after looking at CEF code, or worse, modifying it, an exorcism is required).

Once you close EN down, any files left in the temp folder can be safely deleted.

• Like 1