Question regarding Reminder notes

Previously, when I would receive a Reminder note (that I set) from EN, in my email inbox, I would click on it and it would open the note in my Desktop Evernote.

Lately, it opens it in the Web Evernote instead of my desktop Evernote.  

I'm not sure if it is something I did that changed this, or if Evernote changed it. How do I get it to back to opening it with the Desktop EN?

I have tried it with Evernote closed and open. Either way, it opens the note in the Web. I'm on Windows 10.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, chanzie said:

Previously, when I would receive a Reminder note (that I set) from EN, in my email inbox, I would click on it and it would open the note in my Desktop Evernote.

I'm not sure if it is something I did that changed this, or if Evernote changed it. How do I get it to back to opening it with the Desktop EN?

I have tried it with Evernote closed and open. Either way, it opens the note in the Web. I'm on Windows 10.

There used to be a cookie called enappinstalled, I think that was the name, that controlled this.  It is set the first time you click on a note link and then is supposed to stay set from then on. To fix this the cookie needs to be reset so as to reset the preference.  At least that is how is used to work, don't know if EN made some changes.

As premium you could submit a trouble ticket to determine if the cookie still exists or what the process is to reset.  My links are still opening in the desktop FWIW.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 2/13/2020 at 10:22 AM, chanzie said:

It looks like the desktop option is no longer available   (Windows/Mac)
edit: fyi - this is web version related - the feature is still available if logged into the old version

IOS still opens in-app

I have an open ticket (#3023964) and there's a post linked below

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, DTLow said:

It looks like the desktop option is no longer available

Per another thread actually pressing Ctrl+Alt+L and paste formatted should create a link which will open in the desktop, Windows anyway.  Not the drop down menu option.

5 hours ago, DTLow said:

It looks like the desktop option is no longer available

I have a ticket open with Evernote. From their reply, I got the impression that it is suppose to work the way it previously did (ie, an email reminder note should open in the Desktop app, not Web). Clearing cookies, and updating EN did not work, so I am waiting for the next response from them. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, chanzie said:

I have a ticket open with Evernote. From their reply, I got the impression that it is suppose to work the way it previously did (ie, an email reminder note should open in the Desktop app, not Web). Clearing cookies, and updating EN did not work, so I am waiting for the next response from them. 

Yeah, used to for me, as of yesterday.  Not so much today, opens in the browser.  Argh.

• Sad 1
  • Level 5*
1 minute ago, PinkElephant said:

Just tried a reminder in my Mail Inbox on my iPad. Nicely opens in the app, not in Safari.

Yeah, same for me on my iPhone.  Which is sort of what one would expect on IOS, there not really being a browser option.  Not so much on the desktop.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

On my Mac it calls the browser instead of the app ☹️ Tried with cmd / alt / soft, no change.

Conclusion: Will open reminders on the iPad / iPhone ...

Wish I could.  I spend the bulk of my EN time on my PC.  🤷‍♂️

• Level 5

Day to day is mostly on the iPad Pro. It has the setbacks of the mobile clients, but it supports things like handwriting, instant scanning etc.

Just the heavy lifting like tagging multiple notes, moving stuff around, organizing the tags and notebooks etc. is done on a desktop, mostly on my Mac. The Windows-Client is somewhat superior, but I use the PC only a fraction of my time.

Very nice that EN is really working seamlessly across the different devices and operating systems - regarding the content, not the clients.

On 2/18/2020 at 4:11 PM, CalS said:

Yeah, used to for me, as of yesterday.  Not so much today, opens in the browser.  Argh.

I heard back from Evernote help. They told me (and it worked! My email reminder notes now open in the Desktop app again, instead of the web browser)

1. Open your default browser and using the following link to switch to previous version of Evernote Web (one with green/white) interface: https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action?disableIonToPrevious=
  2. Once you there, please go ahead and clear your browsers cache once again.

He said it's important to complete the steps in that order. And, I just cleared Evernote's cache in my browser, not all my cashe. Hope this helps you also

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, chanzie said:

switch to previous version of Evernote Web

Confirmed, this feature is delivered by the web app; it's not available with the "new" web version

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, chanzie said:

I heard back from Evernote help. They told me (and it worked! My email reminder notes now open in the Desktop app again, instead of the web browser)

1. Open your default browser and using the following link to switch to previous version of Evernote Web (one with green/white) interface: https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action?disableIonToPrevious=
  2. Once you there, please go ahead and clear your browsers cache once again.

He said it's important to complete the steps in that order. And, I just cleared Evernote's cache in my browser, not all my cashe. Hope this helps you also

Thanks, this worked.  I had classic and previous versions available to me, used previous and all is well.

• Like 1