Gmail Addin - Spam or Suspicious Message?

I have various emailed receipts that I have received. Some of them are just plain text. When trying to save them to Evernote through the Gmail addin (using Gmail on Chrome on Windows 10), I get a message saying "Spam and suspicious messages can’t be used for recommended content or actions. Try searching messages in your inbox." It won't let me add these messages to Evernote, even though they are not actually or identified by Gmail as spam. Has anyone else seen this issue? Do you know what is triggering it and how to stop it so I can save these receipts?

• Level 5*

Hi.  I haven't seen that message before - doesn't sound like an Evernote comment;  can you post a screenshot of this next time it comes up?  Meantime you could just forward these messages to Evernote using your account email address - though just in case this is an Evernote issue and it is going to block them that way too,  you might want to make sure you keep your messages somewhere safe.  You could just label them 'forwarded to EN' and archive them for the moment...

It appears to me that it's an Evernote comment - it comes up over the Evernote side pane, though I suppose it could be Google that is popping it up. Below is a screen shot. I tried searching (on Google) for this exact phrase and there are no results - which leads me to think it's more likely to be Evernote specific, though, as I said, I can't be for sure.

image.thumb.png.034302013704ac54d57bdd8a56a9a4e1.png

• Level 5*

Weird.  Just checked out my Gmail account with a couple of things it already knows are spam - didn't see anything like this.  I get the right hand panel with 'get started...' - which actually means you haven't chosen a particular message yet,  so I don't see what's triggering it... Have you tried the forwarding an email option?

• 1 month later...

I'm getting exactly the same message in another application's (not Evernote) Gmail Add-in - so I'm thinking it must be gmail doing it. So frustrating. Forwarding the email to myself first seems to overcome it, but that's a bit of a faff.

• 3 weeks later...

I am seeing the same on Windows 10 1909 and Chrome 81.0.4044.113 (Official Build) (64-bit) with Gmail.

This is happening on different emails, all in my inbox, that are all legit. They were never filtered by Gmail.

I understand this is most probably on Google, but it is affecting Evernote users.

Fred 😊

• 1 month later...