Convert list to table?

Stuart Bruff

Idea

Can Evernote convert a (selected) list directly to a table?

I had a list of items in a note and wanted to expand it by converting the list to a table, in which the table would be the first column. 

If the capability doesn't exist, could I please request it?    Adding columns would either be manual or, say, by dragging the table constructor across the required number of columns (with Evernote being smart enough to either realize that the list represented the desired number of rows or that any rows selected in the table constructor would be additional to those in the list).

I would imagine that it could be useful to do the same thing to a selection of paragraphs.  

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Stuart Bruff said:

Can Evernote convert a (selected) list directly to a table?

I had a list of items in a note and wanted to expand it by converting the list to a table, in which the table would be the first column. 

If the capability doesn't exist, could I please request it?    Adding columns would either be manual or, say, by dragging the table constructor across the required number of columns (with Evernote being smart enough to either realize that the list represented the desired number of rows or that any rows selected in the table constructor would be additional to those in the list).

I would imagine that it could be useful to do the same thing to a selection of paragraphs.  

If you cant a row for list item the only way I know to do this is to copy/paste the list into Excel and then copy/paste into a table in EN.  FWIW.

• Thanks 1

would be great to be able to put word (and word segments) into columns by separating these using the  | (symbol) to separate into one column

and then a new row by adding \ (symbol) -- or something to that effect.