Note "..." has too many resources 1002, max is 1000

• Level 5*

Hi. I use Outlook clipper a fair amount,  but I've never seen that error...  it seems to say that the note has too many resources - as in too many attachments for one note,  though as far as I know the clipper will generate a new note for each item clipped...  I do know there's a daily limit for the number of emails sent to Evernote,  though I'm not clear whether that applies to messages sent via the clipper...  Is it possible you selected more than 1,000 emails to clip?

Nope: still confused (happens a lot) - can you describe in more detail where clipper has been set to deliver your clipped email(s)?

I'd suggest raising a support ticket too - we're mainly users here,  so no access to any email history for your account.

Hi. I am fairly certain it has to do with the number of hyperlinks in the email. It is a newsletter with tons of backlinks to websites and adverts and creates a rather large note of 1.1MB with 995 pictures (close to 1000, maybe this is the limit.

Before throwing the error, I cannot close the clipped note and its miniature preview blinks (therefore my suspicion). However, at the end the email has been clipped, so this error is more a nuisance than a real problem 🙂

grafik.png.93b376241e187baa82683b30b1a86063.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I wonder if Evernote has to check back with each link to verify it,  or obtain an image or icon or something... I agree it looks like there are too many external connections to this email for Evernote's liking - you may find that even though the note has copied,  one or two  of the links are not complete.  It used to be possible (haven't done it for a while) to highlight part of an email and use the Outlook Clipper to collect just one section - the workaround you were looking for might be just to highlight half of the email and clip,  then the other half... you'd have two notes for the one email,  but with 500 links or less in each...  maybe.  🙂

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

I just started getting the same message no matter what I clip. Even if it is just a few words. If it's related to a change in the way a website is designed, the change hit every website I visit simultaneously. I haven't been able to clip a single word for several days on either Firefox or Chrome. I get this message every time, and I haven't seen it before this week.

In the past, I sometimes had issues with individual webpages that had a ton of information on them, but I could just clip them in pieces using the "selection" function. That's not making a difference now. Looks like other people have been having the issue for a few months without resolution...not sure why it kicked in now for me, but not being able to save anything to EN is huge inconvenience. I can copy and paste, but that's more difficult, and there's no accompanying note info.

• Level 5*

Hi.  This thread was also about Legacy Evernote and versions of Outlook that must now be 8+ years old - both now unsupported.  I still use use Legacy on my old laptop and the browser clipper is working fine;  but I updated to v10 on my desktop - you might want to give that a try if your issue continues.  But this being Windows,  you might also want to try switching your device off,  and then restarting... it's surprising how many problems that fixes.