Sort notebooks in Stack

AkashSatsangi

Idea

The notebooks in my Stacks are not sorting. When I created the stacks everything was working fine. adding new notebook would automatically sort it - due to the way I name them.

I have been recently facing this issue (as seen in image). The notebooks don't sort, adding new one just places it in a random position - no date/last updated/name wise.

This is just the smallest of the 4 stacks I use. Sorting with the top right icon just sorts the stacks not the notebooks.

image.thumb.png.33c8627d8c9625d703e9c65f6464b6b3.png

11 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Lewis-H said:

While input stack is NOT empty do this: Pop an element from input stack call it temp. while temporary stack is NOT empty and top of temporary stack is greater than temp, pop from temporary stack and push it to the input stack. ..

What on earth are you talking about? There are no numbers in Evernote stacks, nor are there push or pop operations. Are you a bot?

• Level 5*
On 2/7/2020 at 11:23 AM, AkashSatsangi said:

The notes in my Stacks are not sorting. When I created the stacks everything was working fine. adding new notebook would automatically sort it - due to the way I name them.

You're using the "new web version" which has known issues   2050552284_ScreenShot2020-02-18at8_35_51AM.png.f3fbcfd34584bd76984a538c130eb192.png
You might want to downgrade versions

btw  Your issue is with notebook sequence, not note sequence

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, jefito said:

What on earth are you talking about? There are no numbers in Evernote stacks, nor are there push or pop operations? Are you a bot?

Machine language coding?

• Level 5

It sounds like a guy who is used to write his prose in coding staccato. Could be from an algorithm description, like ##...

I think he refers to the screenshot, where the stack and notebooks carry a number a a prefix to the notebooks title. This should enable a sound order based on the first numeric digits.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

It sounds like a guy who is used to write his prose in coding staccato. Could be from an algorithm description, like ##...

It's more a case of someone who  did a web search on something like "sort a stack", and copied/pasted an answer from some developer site. E.g.: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/sort-stack-using-temporary-stack/:

1. Create a temporary stack say tmpStack.
  2. While input stack is NOT empty do this:
    • Pop an element from input stack call it temp
    • while temporary stack is NOT empty and top of temporary stack is greater than temp,
      pop from temporary stack and push it to the input stack
    • push temp in temporary stack
  3. The sorted numbers are in tmpStack

Look familiar?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, CalS said:

Hat's off to your perseverance, master,  👏

Ha, it was the second hit on a web search for "sort a stack", giveaway was the page title. 🍰 (piece of cake). *slight bow*

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, Lewis-H said:
Sort a stack using a temporary stack
  1. Create a temporary stack say tmpStack.
  2. While input stack is NOT empty do this: Pop an element from input stack call it temp. while temporary stack is NOT empty and top of temporary stack is greater than temp, pop from temporary stack and push it to the input stack. ...
  3. The sorted numbers are in tmpStack.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Lewis

Developer

apps4rent | o365cloudexperts | clouddesktoponline

I dont fully understand what you are trying to say

but from the other comments, it seems I have been doing it

i am referring to the numbering of notebooks

19 hours ago, DTLow said:

You're using the "new web version" which has known issues   2050552284_ScreenShot2020-02-18at8_35_51AM.png.f3fbcfd34584bd76984a538c130eb192.png
You might want to downgrade versions

btw  Your issue is with notebook sequence, not note sequence

Thanks a lot!

The issue is sorted!

It will take some time to adjust to the different UI.

(changed the notes to notebooks)