All notes are gone from four years

Louisa88

Idea

Hi!

I have a problem: I opened my private Evernote account, after I had logged out with my work accout - and EVERYTHING, all the notes I had collected over the past 4 years are gone. I am in absolute shock, as there was a lot of important notes on it. 

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Something like this is often the result of accidentally logging in with a different email address, and thereby creating a new account, which of course is empty. It's surprisingly easy to do this. My advice would be to give it another try and be very sure you're using the credentials used to create your private account.

• Level 5*
On 2/5/2020 at 10:41 PM, Louisa88 said:

all the notes I had collected over the past 4 years are gone. I am in absolute shock, as there was a lot of important notes on it. 

On 2/10/2020 at 8:53 PM, anshujain said:

Evernote just said "Reload" and Poof...all my notes except today's are gone.

17 minutes ago, JOrge Sanguino said:

This problem is a very serious problem that should be under the attention of top Management. I just can imagine losing years of information saved in the cloud.

I have personal data backups for recovery, but I've not experienced data loss with my Evernote data

Our notes are uploaded to the Evernote servers so we're protected against device failures      
- the data can be accessed at www.evernote.com via the web platform
Deleted notes are moved to the "Trash", and can be recovered

We've noticed problems with users being confused about their account login      
They create and access a second account

Regarding the "Reload".  Were you storing notes in Local Notebooks and bypassing Evernote's data protection? 

• Level 5
19 hours ago, JOrge Sanguino said:

This problem is a very serious problem that should be under the attention of top Management. I just can imagine losing years of information saved in the cloud.

It's not clear from this whether you're experiencing this yourself. If so, since you've got a Premium account, you should definitely contact Evernote support: https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new. They may be able to recover data.