Prioritize Notebooks

Johan080

I am a psychologist in private practice. I am proud to say that I have gone paperless in my business, using Evernote

I would like to have a setting where I can select Notebooks to be prioritized as I have organized Notebooks as patient files and always first select the right notebook to enter or find information.

The default in Evernote is to prioritize notes, and not notebooks.   In windows 10 the Notebook select portion scrolls down and thus disappears.  I would prefer it to be locked as a heading at the top where it can always be easily accessed.

I have placed much trust in Evernote to build my practice around it and I am a premium user.   I find it very helpful and precious.

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, Johan080 said:

I am a psychologist in private practice. I am proud to say that I have gone paperless in my business, using Evernote

I would like to have a setting where I can select Notebooks to be prioritized as I have organized Notebooks as patient files and always first select the right notebook to enter or find information.

The default in Evernote is to prioritize notes, and not notebooks.   In windows 10 the Notebook select portion scrolls down and thus disappears.  I would prefer it to be locked as a heading at the top where it can always be easily accessed.

I have placed much trust in Evernote to build my practice around it and I am a premium user.   I find it very helpful and precious.

Only way to prioritize notebooks at this time is via the name.  A leading ! will push the notebook to the top of the list.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, CalS said:

The default in Evernote is to prioritize notes, and not notebooks. 

Not sure how you see the "prioritize notes"

Notebooks are sorted into alphabetical order within stacks
As per @CalS, I can prefix the notebook name to indicate priority
I can also organize notebooks into priority stacks

• Level 5

... however EN closes agreements based on GDPR.

Probably the best way to really find out would be to contact support by E-Mail on this. I did it when I needed the GDPR agreement, had to briefly explain why I needed it (mostly because I store project information that will contain names)  and got it signed in a matter of days.

• Level 5*
On 2/4/2020 at 6:48 AM, Johan080 said:

What us your criterion for prioritization?

In other words, how would you prioritize one notebook/patient over another? If prioritization is something ad hoc, or that  that changes fairly frequently (e.g., "I want to prioritize my patients who have appointments today/this week/etc."), then you could just use a conveniently named (i.e., one that sorts alphabetically before other stacks and notebooks) stack to hold them

BTW, your Evernote limit on number of synchronized notebooks is 1000. Hopefully you have fewer patients than that.