fredhammersmith

Evernote keeps reinstalling itself

Hi. Anybody had this problem?

Evernote keeps reinstalling itself, each time I restart my desktop.

I am using 6.20.2.8626 (308626) Public. I did not upgrade to 6.22 yet after seeing posts talking about numerous issues. i do not have much time to troubleshoot things these days.

Thanks, have a good day.

Hi.  Obviously that's not a frequent or expected behaviour - how do you shut down Evernote and your laptop?  Do you exit Evernote first?  How do you attempt to start Evernote when you restart your laptop? Is it possible that you have a link to the 'install' executable file as a shortcut somewhere?

After checking the startup folder and the different shortcuts I use to start the app, I see no clear reason (I did not find any "install shortcut") that may explain this.

It seems every time I restart the computer (once every 2 or 3 days), Evernote reinstall.

a) No, not having the problem

b) Maybe an interaction with a security software that tries to stop EN from working, thus causing it to renew the installation ?

Still doing it.

Should I upgrade now? The latest upgrades were heavily criticized last time I checked, but maybe most problems are solved by now.

9 minutes ago, fredhammersmith said:

Still doing it.

Should I upgrade now? The latest upgrades were heavily criticized last time I checked, but maybe most problems are solved by now.

Don't see that an upgrade will fix your issue - it's not a recognized 'bug' therefore will not have been fixed - unless by accident.  I'd suggest a support request to at least get it on Evernote's radar...

I'm currently having that issue with Access 2007 on one machine. The wonders of MSI...