PDF not showing up in search

Is there a reason a particular PDF doesn't show up when I search my notes? I'm a genealogist, and I have a PDF of a eulogy given for one of my ancestors -- type-written, very clear -- but the copy in it isn't showing up in searches. Just wondering if there's something I might be doing wrong.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, Auburn84 said:

Is there a reason a particular PDF doesn't show up when I search my notes? I'm a genealogist, and I have a PDF of a eulogy given for one of my ancestors -- type-written, very clear -- but the copy in it isn't showing up in searches. Just wondering if there's something I might be doing wrong.

Just be sure the PDF has been OCR'd.  If it wasn't already OCR'd when  you added it to EN it may take a bit for the EN servers to OCR it for you, as a premium subscriber.  You can try and force the issue by selecting the note in whatever list view, hold the Ctrl key while pressing the Help option, and select Fix Selected Notes.  This may force the OCR, don't remember exactly.  FWIW.

Image.png.b7e3e8f02555e31836defb64abf49571.png

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Auburn84 said:

I looked at the text file generated by Evernote - screenshot attached B60489B2-D731-4A97-9CB6-E0053C44D7B2.en-pdf-text
This is used by the search feature1317181481_ScreenShot2020-01-26at1_42_07PM.png.8b4a6a5d73014c48137228efbe804d62.png
It took a few minutes to generate

A quick fix - here is your pdf file, OCR'd by an external app I have

B60489B2-D731-4A97-9CB6-E0053C44D7B2.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Lewis-H said:

After opening the PDF, try searching for a word known to be in the document (preferably a word that appears on several different pages) by clicking CTRL-F and entering the word in the Find box. If the message below appears, the document is not text-searchable.

... and needs to be OCR’d.