Missing compact List View

erlsand

Idea

When opening Evernote in Android I would like to see a List View, similar to the one used in Windows, where each note should take 1 line instead of 5 lines.

It should be possible to select this as part of View configuration.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you take a look in the 3-dots menu at View Options you can switch off everything except the date and a title. It still occupies the same space though. There may be practicalities of how much it is possible to show on a potentially quite small mobile device screen...

I too would also like the ability for a more compact view.

I don't appreciate the visible sorting indicators, meaning when sorting by title it takes up much extra space to show which letter of the alphabet you are on, a line below that, the date the note was last updated, then the title of the note. That seems like a great misuse of the limited screen space available on mobile devices. There should be more control over what is & isn't displayed. I have everything unchecked in "view options" & when sorting by title, for example, it shows:

B
---------------------
Today

Buy Something

---------------------

C
---------------------
Yesterday

Clean House

--------------------

To me it seems that there should be on option in the view options to get rid of the alpha indicators (i.e. "B", "C"), the horizontal lines, & the date that the note was modified. Which would for example look like this:

Buy Something
Clean House