One Note - copy as shortcut to Multiple Notebooks ?

adena

Idea

Undecided on Beta yet - but do have suggestions:

1.  Can I have an option to have a 'link' for a note that might be in Notebook1 - 
 - i.e. - select the note, right click, or ... and click 'send as shortcut to... ' and I'd select 'Notebook2' - or 
 - i.e. - select the note, and select 'Shortcut copy to... ' and option such as 'copy to another Notebook' - and it would give me list of my current notebooks to select - as I might want the same note to be in several notebooks, but without the physical file in each.

Please let me know if these features or new options are included.
I love this product! 

PS - ALSO - why don't you have an email - where I can directly send you a note from Evernote ?   

- i.e. - select note, " SHARE to evernoteideateam@evernote.com "

Adena Wilder
adena@att.net
Premiere Membership level (SOHO user)
214-336-8007 - txt/mbl

3 replies to this idea

I like your idea.  Many notes apply to 2 or more subject areas, so there is no single right place to file them. 

Tags fix this problem, as you can tag notes across subject areas, and I love them, but they don't work for sharing, and they're not the easiest to use.

Managing and indexing is the next big challenge for Evernote - it's an area where Microsoft OneNote is ahead.

• Level 5*
On 1/22/2020 at 6:58 AM, adena said:

as I might want the same note to be in several notebooks

Do you have a need that requires the notebook feature?

"Multiple" is already supported by the Tag feature

Tags are Evernote's primary organization tool    
Notebooks are used for specialized requirements;  sync'd/local, private/shared, offline, default

>>PS - ALSO - why don't you have an email - where I can directly send you a note ...

Evernote provides this forum for posting requests and ideas    
This allows for user discussion, and indicating support via the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

• Level 5*
On 1/22/2020 at 9:58 AM, adena said:

as I might want the same note to be in several notebooks, but without the physical file in each.

This is not possible in Evernote's current architecture. A note belongs to exactly one notebook. You can, however, store links to a note in other notes.

On 1/22/2020 at 9:58 AM, adena said:

PS - ALSO - why don't you have an email - where I can directly send you a note from Evernote ?   

- i.e. - select note, " SHARE to evernoteideateam@evernote.com "

Are you asking for an Evernote email to send ideas to, or for the ability to send a note to someone via email? For the latter, In Windows, right-click on a note in the note list, select "Share", then select "Send a Copy...":