ehrt74

nested tags! Hurrah!

Very cool! When did they turn up? 

By the way, does anybody know what these two symbols bottom left mean? According to the html they are children of a span element with the id "branch-info-wrapper", so they might well have something to do with git or svn or whatever.

ink (1) - Edited.png

No nested tags on my beta version; and no symbols
(Safari browser on a Mac and iPad)  edit; web v5.28

I like the minimized sidebar option (bottom right corner)  185278306_ScreenShot2020-01-18at5_34_11AM.png.67361fb2b5a45c68e05ecc3d3c54c65e.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DTLow said:

No nested tags on my beta version; and no symbols
(Safari browser on a Mac and iPad)

I like the minimized sidebar option (bottom right corner)  185278306_ScreenShot2020-01-18at5_34_11AM.png.67361fb2b5a45c68e05ecc3d3c54c65e.png

oh, I hope you'll be getting them soon. I'm on version 6.3.1 btw.

I am really hoping to get this. I'm still stuck in the oldest web version due to lack of nested tags.

The nested tags I'm running on web v6.4.1 are brilliant. The display of content is brilliant too and you can filter for reminders now. If the iOS clients work like this I'll be a happy customer.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Steven Eff said:

The nested tags I'm running on web v6.4.1 are brilliant. The display of content is brilliant too and you can filter for reminders now. If the iOS clients work like this I'll be a happy customer.

I'm stuck with Evernote Web v5.28.0. How can I get to web v6.4.1 version?? Any ideas guys?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kolmir said:

I'm stuck with Evernote Web v5.28.0. How can I get to web v6.4.1 version?? Any ideas guys?

oh, strange. Which browser are you using and what version? maybe evernote only sends 6.4.1 to certain browsers. i'm on chromeos running v. 80.

On a slightly different subject, my Ubuntu laptop stopped updating Chrome back at v. 69 (a signing key had expired) and evernote stopped working on it a couple of days ago because it required new features that were released somewhere after v. 69. Now i've installed new signing keys and evernote 6.4.1 is running fine on it too.

At some stage in the past i signed on to the evernote beta program. Maybe that had an effect too? Here's a link (unfortunately in German: https://evernote.com/intl/de/betaprogram)

• Thanks 1

I'm running Chrome v80 as well so that seems to perhaps be why we're on the later Evernote web beta.

I've signed up for the iOS beta program as well and hope that I can start working with that too.

• Like 1

I'm using Opera and have v. 5.28 also. (Which BTW I never realized I could check until these reports prompted me to look more closely--thanks!)

• Like 1

Just moving back to Evernote to house three or four research databases which will be organised as notebooks. After an hour playing around with it I was about to give up because I don't want to view all notebook tags when I'm working on one notebook. I was about to give up when I came across this thread. Phew!

I assume nested tags will come over to the Windows app and then IOS. Does anyone know when?  I'm pretty stuck until then. 

Evernote Learning search for “nested tags” is useless. 104 results and the first couple don't even contain the word 'nested'. They sure aren't making it easy for a newbie...!     

I'm on Chrome v80 (for macOS) and still on 5.28.0. I also didn't realize we could see which version we are being served. Looking forward to trying 6.x at some point.

Edit:

For fun, I tried loading the web client in Firefox (latest version), Safari (latest), and Chrome Canary (82.x), and I was served 5.28.0 each time. All on the latest version of macOS Catalina (10.15.3). Browser doesn't seem to be a factor, at least for me.

On 2/12/2020 at 6:31 AM, ehrt74 said:

oh, strange. Which browser are you using and what version? maybe evernote only sends 6.4.1 to certain browsers. i'm on chromeos running v. 80.

On a slightly different subject, my Ubuntu laptop stopped updating Chrome back at v. 69 (a signing key had expired) and evernote stopped working on it a couple of days ago because it required new features that were released somewhere after v. 69. Now i've installed new signing keys and evernote 6.4.1 is running fine on it too.

At some stage in the past i signed on to the evernote beta program. Maybe that had an effect too? Here's a link (unfortunately in German: https://evernote.com/intl/de/betaprogram)

Hi, thank you for the hints!

I have verified, that I can use web version 6.5.0 with Chrome (macOS), but not with Safari or FF (Win) - still only v. 5.28 available. A bit strange...

Moreover, I signed to Beta program too.

BR, Piotr

• Confused 1

Confirmed - it takes me to 5.28 on Safari and FF.

Which is no issue for me, I am mostly using one of the desktop clients or the iOS app.

No Chrome, no beta.

Maybe an explanation is that both Safari and FF do not rely on the Chrome engine, but use their own code do present web pages. Chrome-based browsers have the largest share of the market, so companies will develop for this browser first.

And I try to avoid Google products wherever possible, so I will not touch it.

• Like 2

Running MS Edge (Chromium) Version 81.0.416.6 (Official build) dev (64-bit) and getting Evernote Web v5.28.0, with the beta editor but no nested tags.

• Confused 1

Beta is beta - if you need nested tags, use the Windows or Mac client, which both support nesting. But other clients do not do this, like the mobile ones, so it is a local experience. With the web client, it depends, as you have experienced.

We all hope this will change, having the nesting of tags available on all clients.

5 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Beta is beta - if you need nested tags, use the Windows or Mac client, which both support nesting. But other clients do not do this, like the mobile ones, so it is a local experience. With the web client, it depends, as you have experienced.

We all hope this will change, having the nesting of tags available on all clients.

The android mobile client supports nested tags :)

5 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Ah, agree. I was merely commenting on my status for those who were pondering which browsers might work. And the _web_ beta might be different from the _editor_ beta, the latter of which I'm happy to use.