Copying nested bulleted list from Word loses all the indentation

When I copy all of a nested bulleted list from MS Word and paste into an EV note, I lose all the proper indentation. All the bullet digits and letters are all left aligned in the same position. 
Is there a way to not make this happen? I want the list to show the same way as in Word. Properly indented. Every nested bullet is indented further to the right.
Also when I manually fix the indentations, it changes the letters to digits but this is not a big problem now.

Example after pasting in Evernote:
1. Some text
a. should be indented to the right but 'a.' is right below '1.'.
2. some more text
a. some more text
b. some more text

• Level 5*

Hi.  Well - I copied a bulleted list and I seem to have the same formatting in my note.  Might be a question of where you're copying from,  or how complex your nesting is...  - Given that Evernote also supports bullets at various levels,  can you recover your layout easily?

8 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Well - I copied a bulleted list and I seem to have the same formatting in my note.  Might be a question of where you're copying from,  or how complex your nesting is...  - Given that Evernote also supports bullets at various levels,  can you recover your layout easily?

I don't understand what you mean where I am copying from. It's from a simple 2 page document in MS Word. There's only one level of nesting. Just like I showed in my example.

• Level 5*

So is this an installed Word or Office application or the online version?  My installed Word (Office) application copies pretty accurately into a note.  Have you tried restarting your system?  Is it fairly easy to repair the indented layout?

2 hours ago, gazumped said:

So is this an installed Word or Office application or the online version?  My installed Word (Office) application copies pretty accurately into a note.  Have you tried restarting your system?  Is it fairly easy to repair the indented layout?

2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Installed MS Word 2016. My system was restarted today. I think Evernote doesn't understand every kind of bullet format it sees. I can fix it manually but it's a nuisance because it's alive document and every time there's an update, I have to manually indent all the nested bullets.

On 1/17/2020 at 9:38 PM, RavBoy said:

I tested this for you on my PC and EN successfully retained the bullet formatting (see attached). I'm using EN-Windows v6.18.4  and have MS Office 365 subscription on my PC Win10

image.thumb.png.043909c059f326ef98f337e70392cab0.png

Well.. it doesn't work for me. All the bullets get moved to the left. The bullet lists in Evernote is pretty bad once things get messed up. It was impossible for me to fix the nesting and I had to fix it in Word. Still, when I paste it in Evernote, the list's format is not retained.

I know the feeling...it's so annoying when these bugs come up and it doesn't appear to happen for others...unless someone else here has the answer you might want to check in with EN Support...and would be good to hear the solution if you find one.

The editor is just bad when dealing with nested lists. I just spent another 15 minutes trying to make it work now. 
When I pasted my list in Google Docs, it displayed the way it should. The best solution for me was to put a link to the Google Doc in Evernote's note. This works perfectly for me.