Unable to find Conflicting Changes

Why does nothing show up when I search for "conflicting changes" in Evernote? I know that they are there somewhere, because changes I made on my mobile device sometimes do not show up on other devices with Evernote. I have seen notes (maybe even a notebook?) in the past with the name Conflicting Changes.

Regarding searching in Evernote, it seems that ever since a huge update about two years ago, that changed the whole way Evernote looks on my devices, the search function has become very unreliable. The search box that I type the terms in isn't clear that this search will be in all notes or just the particular notebook I happen to be in. Often, the search results are very incomplete and the results do not show all the notes with the keywords I have used. 

For me, the quality and reliability of Evernote has gone down ever since the app made big changes about two years ago.

I use Evernote for Windows on my laptop and iPhone. Previously, I was an Apple user, but since I switched to a Windows laptop, I had to migrate to Evernote for Windows. I don't know if this might be related to my issues.

• Level 5
1 hour ago, ChipAHoy said:

Why does nothing show up when I search for "conflicting changes" in Evernote? I know that they are there somewhere, because changes I made on my mobile device sometimes do not show up on other devices with Evernote. I have seen notes (maybe even a notebook?) in the past with the name Conflicting Changes.

Just to focus on this, if you have or have ever had "conflicting changes" between what's in the Windows program and what's elsewhere in your Evernote account, there should be a notebook (as you say) titled Conflicting Changes. If that doesn't exist, or is empty, then the Windows program is unaware of any conflicts. If material is failing to sync properly from the iPhone, then the Windows program may simply not know of it. You can check the Web version to see if the material has synced there: https://www.evernote.com/client/web. I don't know anything about iPhones, but maybe it's possible that there was a network problem that kept the Evernote app there from syncing properly.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, ChipAHoy said:

See https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005237-How-does-sync-work-within-Evernote- : if Evernote has detected any conflicting changes, then they should appear in a special notebook. In the case you cite (you're not seeing changes from mobile that don't appear in a different Evernote application, that's not necessarily a conflicting change (which is a note being edited in two separate places); it could however be a bug.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Hi, I used to have a Notebook called Conflicting Changes where conflicts were stored by EN but I no longer can find it.  I'm on the free version.  Is it possible to recover this folder?