Focus on New Note after using shortcut

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, SaurabhM said:

Hello, Thank you. I tried it but no luck. Even after that the new window opens at the background to which i've to manually switch. 

Have you checked your Tools > Options settings?

38419630_Clipboard1.jpg.42da608cbf40caea766bac511c5450da.jpg

• Like 1

Try using CTRL+N instead of CTRL+ALT+N

On EN-Windows, at least on my version 6.18.4, using CTRL+ALT+N will always create a new note inside your 'default' notebook.  But most of the time I just want a New Note to be created within the Notebook that I am working on, hence why I use CTRL+N ... and in my case the new note is NOT set to 'create new note in a new window' but even when I turn this on, the new window does open on top of the EN main window, and not in the background as is the issue you're experiencing. So perhaps also try testing with this option turned Off and On 

You can change the default notebook via File Menu:  Tools >Options >General   

...hope it works for you

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
11 hours ago, RavBoy said:

I'd forgotten (if I ever knew) that there was an option here.  Thanks for the tip!  On my W10 system both options open a new note on top of any other windows,  one in the default notebook,  the other in the current notebook.  I did have a period some time ago when the new window opened behind everything else,  and another when there was no new window,  just a prompt in the main window - but I've no idea now when or how those quirks were cleared...

8 hours ago, gazumped said:

Thanks for the tip!

wow...the day has finally come when the student has taught the teacher a thing or two, ok, maybe just one...lol...but I'm feelin pretty good now Ricky Bobby 😉  And ditto re new-note-window opening in the background. I too recall a bug like this back about a year ago, that seemed to clear itself after an update

• Haha 1
  • Level 5
On 1/19/2020 at 6:47 PM, RavBoy said:

On EN-Windows, at least on my version 6.18.4, using CTRL+ALT+N will always create a new note inside your 'default' notebook.  But most of the time I just want a New Note to be created within the Notebook that I am working on, hence why I use CTRL+N ... and in my case the new note is NOT set to 'create new note in a new window' but even when I turn this on, the new window does open on top of the EN main window, and not in the background as is the issue you're experiencing. So perhaps also try testing with this option turned Off and On 

You can change the default notebook via File Menu:  Tools >Options >General   

...hope it works for you

Be aware that Ctrl+Alt+N is a global shortcut, i.e., it works even when the Evernote program is not in the foreground or even not open. Naturally it creates a new note in the default notebook, and for me it does create the note on top of everything else. Ctrl+N creates a new note in whatever notebook is currently in view--which of course means it only works when the Evernote program is running and has focus.