Unable to connect Rocketbook using Google account

Whilst attempting to connect my Rocketbook application with Evernote, via the ‘Continue with Google’ button I get an error saying

Google can’t sign you in safely inside this app. You can use Google sign-in by visiting this app’s website in a browser like Safari or Chrome.

This is not case for other integrations within the application. It appears that the application is just delegating to integration points provided by systems such as Evernote and therefore I could imagine this being a problem with other apps as well.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you raised this with Rocketbook?  They may have some insight into work-arounds.  Sounds like Google is reluctant to use whatever mechanism Rocketbook provide to exchange keys with Evernote.  Not sure it's anything that Evernote could fix,  but you could try a support ticket too...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had it rocketbook working with evernote back in March 2020 with my iphone. I just switched iphones (now July) and tried to configure for rocketbook to use a evernote destination. I get the same error. Also, if I try to manually setup evernote destination with my username (gmail address) , I enter my gmail address, it accepts that, but the next screen where I should enter my password for evernote, that screen remains blank. I restarted my iphone. I tried to restart app. And reinstall the rocketbook app. No change.

I have been using Evernote with Rocketbook for a few years and all of a sudden, it won't connect. I contacted Rocketbook, and they said it was a known problem on Evernote's side. When will this be resolved?

• Level 5

Very simple: Upgrade yourself (maybe for just one month), issue a support ticket and see if they can help you sort it out.

Since this means a human will take care of your issue, it seems fair to me you pay for the assistance. The person that will help you needs to get a paycheck as well ...

I'm a new Premium member and I have exactly the same problem where I can't connect Evernote with Rocketbook.  I get the same error messages as well.
Worse, even though I have a Premium membership, I can't access the Help feature because Evernote keeps dumping me out and tells me to sign in again. It's an endless loop of getting nowhere.

Am seriously considering canceling my Premium account because this issue is beyond frustrating.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Sensei Honor said:

I can't access the Help feature because Evernote keeps dumping me out and tells me to sign in again. It's an endless loop of getting nowhere.

Hi.  If you have login issues raising a support request you could try the "Continue as Guest" option;  or use the Facebook or Twitter access - or try Rocketbook and find out more about their comment reported above.  Users always have issues when two services clash - Rocketbook (apparently) say it's Evernote,  who may - or may not- agree...

Forum Admin @Shane D. did invite users having issues to PM him direct - don't know if that invite is still out there,  but he may be able to help...

22 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  If you have login issues raising a support request you could try the "Continue as Guest" option;  or use the Facebook or Twitter access - or try Rocketbook and find out more about their comment reported above.  Users always have issues when two services clash - Rocketbook (apparently) say it's Evernote,  who may - or may not- agree...

Forum Admin @Shane D. did invite users having issues to PM him direct - don't know if that invite is still out there,  but he may be able to help...

Hi -

Thanks for the suggestions!  I may hit up @ShaneD. to see if he can provide any insight into this headache. 

I've been a Premium user, off and on, for the last 6 years and during that time, Evernote has always been a pleasure to use. For some reason though, it just doesn't want to talk to Rocketbook right now.  Hopefully it will heal itself sometime soon and I can get back to being a happy camper.

Peace.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

How did you guys solve this. I'm still getting the same error: Google can’t sign you in safely inside this app. You can use Google sign-in by visiting this app’s website in a browser like Safari or Chrome.

Beyond frustrating how Rocketbook can't link to Evernote...that was the whole point of buying it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for my Rocketbook to arrive before I try this, but has anyone tried to get around this Evernote limitation by sending their Rocketbook scans to their Evernote e-mail?  Does this work?

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, JessLM said:

I'm still waiting for my Rocketbook to arrive before I try this, but has anyone tried to get around this Evernote limitation by sending their Rocketbook scans to their Evernote e-mail?  Does this work?

You can submit files by email to create notes with attachments or content - the only question is whether the content would be readable in Evernote.  Hopefully you'll be able to let us know...

• 1 month later...